Author Topic: Hardware license, my thoughts  (Read 7226 times)

sgiffTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hardware license, my thoughts
« on: June 15, 2008, 04:37:58 AM »
The thing I really hate about this hardware license method is that suppose I really grow to like this program and use it a lot which I already have.  Then suppose that this guy who is writing the software quits working on it or god forbid something happens to him.  So after a few years of investing my money and time into perfecting it's usage and paying for it the guy disappears for whatever reason.  Now I have no way of using the software if I have to reinstall my OS or if I upgrade my computer.  So then I have to go find another program that I like alot less than this one and invest in it.  This is more of a comment than anything else I guess.

s.g.

minray

• View Profile
Re: Hardware license, my thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:57:30 PM »
Really??Oh geez...didn't know that could happen,i personally was also not satisfied with System ID thing but because of different reasons.When will the System ID change when upgrading PC?I mean with what upgrade will change the ID?I will need to put more RAM & new graphic card because my old one seems to be dying slowly but i suppose that won't change the ID,right?

Ren

• Mwahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Temiviki Oekaki
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
minray:don't worry, I had to change my video card and nothing happened, even though everything was deleted from my pc due to many problems I still could reinstall Sai.

sgiffTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:15:46 AM »
Yes but did you use the same license code that you had before or did you go on the web and have to generate a new one.  My point is if this company goes away or get's sold, you will not be able to generate a new code possibly and you will have to stop using the software if so.  Not sure.  Just posing the question.

Ren

• Mwahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • Temiviki Oekaki
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:25:46 AM »
I generated a new one.I think that the chances that something suddenly happens are low(I hope, for the creator, please touch some iron >_< ;; ) and I fell that if they had to close business they'd be so considerate to make a way to let everyone use it until the site got down for any reason.

Maybe I trust them a lot, but that's my gut feeling...