Author Topic: SAI license and update question  (Read 4828 times)

*morningstarTopic starter

• chuffchuffchuff
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
SAI license and update question
« on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:27 AM »
I was told about this program from a friend about a week ago - now I am addicted! I'm going to be very upset when the trial ends, but I'm on the fence about buying it because I worry that if I have problems, I will not be able to get help or support for it.

I looked in some other threads, but it seems like there wasn't a specific answer to my question. When you purchase a license, are you only purchasing it for that version of the program, or are you allowed to continue using it when the program is updated? I don't want to buy the program, and then a 1.2 or something version is released and my license is invalidated. This is a big concern I have about buying this software.

This is really good software, and I would love to continue to use it after the trial ends. Thank you for translating it! :3

Kaetemi

• MSN Messenger - kaetemi@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Kaetemi
    • Email
Re: SAI license and update question
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »
On the official website:
(This license include for all minor upgrade in current version 1, and not include major upgrade fee like ver.1 to 2).
Which basically means that you buy a license for any version number that falls within 1.x.x, and for version 2.x.x you'll have to buy a new license.

*morningstarTopic starter

• chuffchuffchuff
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SAI license and update question
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:10:52 AM »
On the official website: Which basically means that you buy a license for any version number that falls within 1.x.x, and for version 2.x.x you'll have to buy a new license.

Oh, I didn't see that. My apologies, I didn't want to ask a dumb question. Oops.

That makes sense. A lot of companies make you pay for the next version up - I wonder if they're going to give a discount to existing users when they release major revisions? I like Photoshop handles updating, where you pay for the next major version, but you don't pay full retail price since you're upgrading. It's a good way to keep returning customers. I hope they do something like that when it comes time for them to release the next version up.

Thanks for answering my question. :3