Author Topic: Adjusting brush opacity..  (Read 18531 times)

camino1961Topic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Adjusting brush opacity..
« on: November 15, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »
I'm trying to control the opacity of my brushes in Paint Tool Sai.
I don't want the colors to blend into each other. I want the color to be transparent allowing me to control the opacity as I paint.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
camion1961

Robellyn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adjusting brush opacity..
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 12:39:10 AM »
Opacity (called Density in SAI) can be controlled by the overall 'density' slider and by pen pressure (in the 'Advanced Settings' part of the brush settings):  for pen pressure, make sure the bottom checkbox of Press:Dens is checked, and then adjust the sliders for the min and max density ( the lines just above it).

If you don't want your colours to blend, ensure that the brush you are using is NOT a variant of the Watercolour brush.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

camino1961Topic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adjusting brush opacity..
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 01:20:43 AM »
Opacity (called Density in SAI) can be controlled by the overall 'density' slider and by pen pressure (in the 'Advanced Settings' part of the brush settings):  for pen pressure, make sure the bottom checkbox of Press:Dens is checked, and then adjust the sliders for the min and max density ( the lines just above it).

If you don't want your colours to blend, ensure that the brush you are using is NOT a variant of the Watercolour brush.

Thank you so much.
This helped a lot.

Cheers