Author Topic: "Crop by selection" tool not working  (Read 2759 times)

deadtreeTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
"Crop by selection" tool not working
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:03:36 AM »
This might be a simple fix, but I searched and couldn't find anything on it. I've been using SAI's free trial for 28 days, and I've used the "Crop by selection" function many times, but last night it stopped working. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled the English version on this site, hoping it would correct the problem, but that feature still doesn't work. I realize that it's not such a big deal, and there are ways to work around it, but I do worry that other tools will just cease to work over time as well. Can anyone give me any tips on how to solve this problem, or tell me if it's common? Since I'll have to fork over funds in just a couple days if I want to keep using it, I'm suddenly wary of doing so if it's not going to function properly.

Thanks for any help!

mrd33ds

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: "Crop by selection" tool not working
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »
copy by selection- do u mean using shift click, the actual box tool, magic tool, or selection tool?

deadtreeTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:27:54 AM »
I mean when I select an area using any tool, and then using the drop menu to "crop by selection" nothing happens, even when I use the ctrl+ (I don't remember the letter) function. Before when I used it, it would always crop correctly, but now nothing at all happens.

MimiMin

• Miiin~!
    • MSN Messenger - fluffyazuredreams@gmail.com
  • YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt:
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:31:06 AM »
This might be a bit late if you only had a few days left on your trial, but I just wanted to make sure you were only trying to crop it using rectangular selections. That's basically what "Crop by Selection" does; it's the hidden Crop tool that people assume doesn't exist in SAI.. only in Photoshop. If you're looking to crop away a non-rectangular section around the image so that it's transparent, you need to save it as a .PNG file and choose "each Pixel have Opacity" (lol, English).

If it really is some weird technical problem, then I'm sorry... I'm not sure what to tell you. : (

I hope this helps/it gets fixed soon!
.+*.+ For the love of Justice +.*+.
and all things cute and fluffy!

ミミ☆みん