Author Topic: mdiapp another simple painting program  (Read 9226 times)

joetachiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
mdiapp another simple painting program
« on: September 17, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »
http://www.nattou.org/mdiapp/

mdiapp is a japanese program with english support very few people seem to have tried it.Its still in development but its very useful at the moment

Herb_Montes

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART Page
    • Email
Re: mdiapp another simple painting program
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
I tried this out and I'm really impressed with it.  It's got features SAI doesn't have like text and vector shapes.  It's perfect for making my comics.  I'm doing some art with it now and if it performs like I expect it to I will be buying this and supporting it.  It needs some tweaks and a few more features to be really great.  :D

blurymind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
I love this!!!! Thank you for sharing! Its free right?

Pressure sensitivity works on linux!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Herb_Montes

• View Profile
    • My deviantART Page
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
It's not free.  It's a 15 day trial.  Registered version costs around $70.  I've been emailing the author and it seems he made it for producing manga.  It's still in development but shows promise to be a good graphics app.

sgiff

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:14:19 AM »
I don't see any English version, where is it.  All I see was a button to translate the page into English but the download only has one option and it's japanese.

blurymind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:20:33 PM »
I don't see any English version, where is it.  All I see was a button to translate the page into English but the download only has one option and it's japanese.
http://www.nattou.org/mdiapp/english.png

Only thing that i am missing in this is the actual pen tool for the vector layer. The whole point of having a vector layer is being able to trace the image with mouse clicks and then be able to edit the ink by moving the vertices (dots). This has vertices, but the pencil tool in vector mode makes too many of them (which makes it pointless really). The straight line tool makes a line which you can't adjust the thickness of the vertices, so its no replacement.

Herb_Montes

• View Profile
    • My deviantART Page
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »

In the last pull down menu you can change the menu language to English.  Then you have to tell it to save the language setting.  Otherwise it will default back to Japanese the next time you open the program.

Herb_Montes

• View Profile
    • My deviantART Page
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 07:18:11 PM »
http://www.nattou.org/mdiapp/english.png

Only thing that i am missing in this is the actual pen tool for the vector layer. The whole point of having a vector layer is being able to trace the image with mouse clicks and then be able to edit the ink by moving the vertices (dots). This has vertices, but the pencil tool in vector mode makes too many of them (which makes it pointless really). The straight line tool makes a line which you can't adjust the thickness of the vertices, so its no replacement.

I agree the pen tool makes too many nodes.  I used the line tool and then used the node editor.  When I added a node between those that I have drawn and pulled it away from the line the line curved.  If you pull it far enough the curve become sharp.  Also you can adjust the thickness of the line at the nodes much like SAI.

Herb_Montes

• View Profile
    • My deviantART Page
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »
I'll admit this program needs work but the author in Japan can read and write English and is willing to listen to users of his program.  So if you give him feedback it would help to develop this app even further.  His email address is: mdiapp@gmail.com

asmIllustrations

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tainted.Sweet.Meats
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 11:43:06 PM »
awwww :<

I tried to purchase but was denied. Shame shame. I really do love the program. I hope someone makes this a full version on here   :'(
Any way the brushes are amazing and I just love the control and softness of the pencil brush. Its a real shame I can't support :<