Author Topic: Help. How to configure Tablet side keys/ pen key.  (Read 44742 times)

littlealliegatorTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Help. How to configure Tablet side keys/ pen key.
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:41:10 AM »
So I downloaded SAI the other day and have mostly gotten it configured the way I way (i.e. identical to my photoshop ;D) but I was wondering if there is a way to configure the tablet side keys.  I have an wacom intuos3 and would like to make the bottom-most side key configured with the Hand tool.  And perhaps make another one the eyedropper tool.

I was also wondering if I could configure the buttons along the grip of my tablet pen.  In photoshop I have it set so if I click down a quick menu for brush sizes pops up and if I click up it performs Ctrl-Z. 

Just wondering if mimicking these settings is possible in SAI. I tried messing around in the tablet options but it didn't seem to do anything and I'm not entirely sure what everything means in there.

Help appreciated.

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help. How to configure Tablet side keys/ pen key.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:19:28 PM »
Check SAI's shortcuts in the Menu 'Others', not much to it.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:11 PM »
I see no "others" menu.  Under "Help/Config" there are "options" and "Key Config" which I've already looked at a lot, but I see nothing for the side keys or pen grip buttons.

And by "messing around in the tablet options" I mean the ones within SAI under options.  I've done nothing independently to my tablet.

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:31:15 AM »

If you know the shortcuts that SAI has, you can copy them to the tablet buttons as well as the Pen buttons.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 11:33:06 AM »
Hmm.... my SAI definitely doesn't have the "Others" option it has "Help/Config" there and it has similar but different commands.  Under "Options" there was "Tablet" and some settings that didn't seem to do anything. 
Although it seems the program won't open now anyways (I don't know why it was working fine a few days ago)
so.... thanks for the help people, I do appreciate it but my damn program doesn't even work apparently so I guess it's kind of a moot point now >_<

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
Re-downloaded it and it works again!  Very strange, I really hope it doesn't crap out again.  Oddly it saved all the settings I put in it previously.  Anyway this is what my tablet options look like.  Is it just not possible with the version I have? (that is apparently different from everyone else's  ???)  When I mess with the "Eraser"/"Side button" settings it doesn't seem to change anything.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 07:12:03 AM »
Alright my friend figured this out for anyone wondering

To change your tablet buttons in Sai you go to

Start Menu -> All programs -> Wacom Tablet -> Wacom Tablet Properties

From there, choose the tool "Functions" for the application "sai" (You'll probably have to add the program with the "+"/"-" keys.)

FROM THERE pick the "Keystroke..." option for the button you want and type the space bar.

And you can add/change other ones too.