Author Topic: Tablet and SAI not responding, help please  (Read 83721 times)

quofalconTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tablet and SAI not responding, help please
« on: April 25, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »
This just started happening recently, and with no reason I'm aware of. The only tablet I use is an Intuos3 and once in a while SAI will not respond to my pen/tablet's actions, but it works fine out of SAI. I don't know what causes the conflict and I'm trying to resolve this. Sometimes rebooting helps, but today it's a persistant thing and the application won't react with my tablet. Also replugged the tablet, but obviously it's not the case of the tablet itself since it's SAI alone that's having this issue.
What's causing this? Much thanks in advance!

-Quo

billy13

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tablet and SAI not responding, help please
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 03:21:30 AM »
I'm facing the same problem also. I don't really know what causes this problem, because
ever since I started using SAI the program runs flawlessly, but it's a different thing now since
I can't produce softer lines! I've searched every forums trying to find a possible solution, and I've
found stuffs like updating drivers, or even reinstalling the tablet driver 4X!! I know these are just
desperate acts and would seem just a temporary solution even if fixed because there's a possibility that the problem might occur again. I don't want to reinstall my drivers over and over again when that happens.

I really like using SAI, since I preferred it much now because I'm mainly a PS user before. But if this
letdowns are constantly occurring then I might consider switching back to PS again or maybe find
an alternative program.

PS: I already reinstalled my drivers, reinstalled the program several time and deleted the cache files,
but still won't work.

quofalconTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 04:46:53 AM »
I agree and SAI is a good tool. Reinstalling the drivers or tablet itself wont fix the issue, MAYBE but only temporarily because whatever's causing the conflict isn't the tablet itself (so it seems).

billy13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:23:06 AM »
Hi, have you read my new topic here? I managed to get back my pen pressure again :D. Not sure if it will work in your case but you could try and see if your problem will be solve.

quofalconTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »
Hey Billy13 thanks for the reference but I found out the problem and solution! After my last post I decided to do some experimenting, had a hunch it was one or the other thing...

The issue was when I would open SAI application tool and my graphics tablet and pen would not do anything, in other words the SAI program was not responding to the tablet pen AT ALL (not even a cursor movement). I know this was not a tablet issue because my digital pen tablet worked just fine as usual outside SAI anywhere else on pc. After some experimenting I concluded it had to do with a bad or old and corrupted written data file in the system's registry connected with SAI application.

First do a fresh uninstall of SAI, don't re-install. Then I used the program MV RegClean (Registry Cleaner) to scan and clean old, bad and 'ghost' files found in the registry. Removed all selected files and restarted the PC. Then install SAI again, and it works! It now recognizes and responds to my tablet pen.

billy13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 06:33:05 PM »
Hey Billy13 thanks for the reference but I found out the problem and solution! After my last post I decided to do some experimenting, had a hunch it was one or the other thing...

The issue was when I would open SAI application tool and my graphics tablet and pen would not do anything, in other words the SAI program was not responding to the tablet pen AT ALL (not even a cursor movement). I know this was not a tablet issue because my digital pen tablet worked just fine as usual outside SAI anywhere else on pc. After some experimenting I concluded it had to do with a bad or old and corrupted written data file in the system's registry connected with SAI application.

First do a fresh uninstall of SAI, don't re-install. Then I used the program MV RegClean (Registry Cleaner) to scan and clean old, bad and 'ghost' files found in the registry. Removed all selected files and restarted the PC. Then install SAI again, and it works! It now recognizes and responds to my tablet pen.

Oh nice;-) You're workaround seems quiet similar to what I did too. Regarding the re-installation, I reinstalled the program ONLY after I make sure that I deleted all the stored settings, as well as registry keys made by SAI. I have CCleaner which can also be use for deleting junked files and registry stuffs but it didn't work. I'm too lazy too find another registry cleaner tool so I made a manual deletion in the registry, heck I guess I am a nerd ::).

So yes, it seems that the culprit is in the registry keys stored by SAI in the system, because even if you reinstalled the program several times, the keys stays on the system and will always override. I hope that SAI users will find our workarounds helpful since I have read a lot from the net encountering the pressure problem.

Btw, have you tried running SAI along with another graphics program like PS? I already tried running both SAI and PS and the pen pressure is not working in SAI and when you close PS the pressure goes back to normal again wt* >:(

billy13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
So you've encountered also the tablet's cursor not responding aside from the pressure problem in SAI? That program is really bugging indeed, well in my case it's just the pressure problem. Maybe it's an issue regarding specific tablet brands I guess?, or not sure since I'm just using a generic brand.

progressordecay

• I stepped on a butterfly.
    • View Profile
    • Progress or Decay
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 12:52:20 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a tad late on the reply, but this is how i fixed my wacom as I installed 2 types of wacom and conflicted.
All you need to do is:
* uninstall the wacom drivers,
*restart,
*go into my computer and search "tablet",
*delete all files that have this ( as wacom uninstallers still leave old files behind)
*restart,
*install the latest wacom drivers and it should be fixed.

Don't forget to restart to let the computer refresh its system files.
progressordecay.com/blog

alex10905

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 03:28:23 AM »
go to paint tool sai
go to others
click options
and go to digitizer support and on the first space change 0 to 1
that should fix the problem so you dont have to reinstall anything
it worked for me
fgnfdgn

munrou

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
I have tried everything posted here and my tablet still doesn't work on Sai :c

Blaque

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 03:10:13 AM »
go to paint tool sai
go to others
click options
it worked for me

you are a life saver omg

Stahlherz-Succubus

• YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 07:40:03 AM »

Don't know if anyone's still here, but what files in the registry should I delete for Paint Tool Sai? All of them? And will I have to uninstall, clean the registry, and reinstall every time I run into this problem?

PlumedOrage

• YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
Hi there !

I have SAI on my old laptop (W7) and wanted to put it on my new one (W8.1).
My tablet works fine on the old and on the new one.
SAI works fine one the old and the new one.
The both work fine together on the old one, but my tablet doesn't work with SAI on my new one.
All the settings are the same on both computer.
I tried everything posted before, the only thing that seems to work is that :

go to paint tool sai
go to others
click options
it worked for me

But I still don't have pressur, and when I closed SAI and re-open it, the tablet stopped working on SAI again, no matter what I do.

I even tried to open SAI with "Windows 7" compatibilty, it doesn't work.