Author Topic: Error - can't open my file!  (Read 2856 times)

CilitraTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Error - can't open my file!
« on: March 11, 2010, 01:26:49 AM »
 :'(
I was using SAI for the second time last night enjoying it to the fullest. After a while as my file got heavier I started getting the occasional "memory low" messages and then eventually I couldn't do anything because a big red msg appeared on the error log that I unfortunately forgot to write down. I decided to just save my work and restart the program but saving that file took almost an hour and when it was down I decided to continue tomorrow. Now when I open the program I can't open the file I was working on! It tries and tries until a message box appeares stating: "Opening Canvas failed".  :o

I'm used to working photoshop so I'm thinking perhaps my file was "too big" for the program to handle or something?
I tried going to options and changing the max canvas size, even restarted the whole computer without any luck. I can open my other .sai file I have but not this one.

Is my file corrupted or broken beyond repair or am I overlooking something? :-\
I don't want to loose this piece because its my best yet and when I go to find the file to open it I can see a preview of the image.... but the same error comes when I try.

Please help me if you know anything that might help!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!