Author Topic: Most wanted features  (Read 9077 times)

Grégory MaklesTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Most wanted features
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »
Paint Tool Sai is great - no doubt about it - but it's also pretty fresh and young and missing a few things... So here's a thread to mention what we user are hoping for in next releases :)

Here are mines :

"Big emergency"

- grid, guides, rulers
- something to draw rectangle. Big big need for comic books artist like me.

"Would'n't it be great if... ?"

- a text tool/layer ?
- I find PTSai brushes very smart design wise with every parameter being easy to grasp and useful. Thus there is at least one brush I am missing : a "corel painter's alike" airbrush that makes good use of direction, angle, tilt, etc and that really spray pixel instead of pasting a fixed brush image every interval.
- although it's possible to create decent charcoal tools (used by some of us for inking, check out Battaglia's stuff) the controls seem to me like they could be improved. One that could interpret the paper texture more or less radically (ie contrast and luminosity control) could do the job.
- tool tabs. Basically adding custom tabs, each of them offering 100 empty brush spots to the brush panel. First because the current one quickly feel tiny, second because it's a simple way to let user organize himself and import other's brushes.
- response curves, typically from pen pressure to parameter but let's not limit to that =).
- pen data to parameter matrix. Would be useful to be able to link texture parameter to pen pressure for instance, especially while being able to tweak it with a response curve.
- a selection fill tool (designed in a way we don't have white anti aliased lines by default when we use it)
- color correction layers.
- support for advanced wacom pens, such as 6D art pen and the one with a wheel.

"Some ideas"

- instead of a drop down menu to switch between three faders for brush size, I suggest the use of one and only one but with a logarithmic scale. This would allow to have accurate control for small values while being able to reach really big ones when needed. This is a regular solution to a classic situation in audio hardware/software design.
- top that with a keyboard shortcut to manually edit the value of a parameter
- allow a tool shortcut to have a default layer, if available (link "inking"). Good for workflow, especially while using the excellent key binding
- selection pane, that would allow us to save and recall selections (a bit like how some use the channel pane in photoshop to do so). This pane could take some space from the layer panel.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:25:12 PM by Grégory Makles »

Coda

• View Profile
Re: Most wanted features
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »
Well that is great and all, only SAI developers are => this way :)

Honestly i don't think these guys have been very active lately, or since release of v1.1.0 at all... it has been nearly about a year now, i think...
Don't get me wrong, i am not trying to discourage you or anything, and maybe if you send systemax this request, and a couple of us do the same. Well I have been planning to write them long time ago, but heh, doubt one request would kick them in action. Oh well *shrugs*

(And going through your list of requests only reminds me why I fell in love with IllustStudio lol, this offtopic hehe)

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
My main feature requests are:

-Better selection tools, aliased option for selecting pens, non-contiguous selecting, transform options on Lasso panel (they're only available on the Selection rectangle panel).

-Binary pen 100px limit removed, why limit it at 100px to begin with?

-Aliased hard brush for "glazing" technique, basically a clone of Photoshop pencil brush but with the added option to blend.

-Angle, roundness, spacing and jitter options.

-360º brush rotation, would follow brush direction so it wouldn't break at corner like it is now, Nekopaint doesn't break.

-Proper bitmap brushes not the elemap method, it's not very functional period.

-Easier way to share, import/export, manage brushes.

-Channels support.

-Rulers, circles, ellipses and guides.

-Inking layer tools: square brush nib, angle and roundness option.

-Very import: Pressure Curves like Nekopaint and IllustStudio.

-Levels and Hue instead of the confusing method of color editing it has now.

-PS plugin filters support.

-Better memory management, undo limit.

-History panel.

-Black interface option.

-Float panels option, better than the current one which you can set on misc.ini.

-More shortcuts, way more...

I would probably never use other program if SAI v2 had these options.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:07:32 PM by figue »

minray

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 01:43:56 PM »
I would like better ability for texture brushes....i had lots of problems with texture brushes,how they looked when i started to paint with them.Also it would be great to make better pen tool options,to make ability to change brush ends,you know when it strokes,the end on the line dissolves(you know what i mean).Text tool definitely....i'm tired of transporting my picture from SAI to oC just to make the text.

Grégory MaklesTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 10:08:12 PM »
I've mailed Systemax. Now let's all cross fingers!

loutlos

• Years
    • View Profile
lasix online bestellen ohne rezept lasix tabletten rezeptfrei lasix kaufen
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 03:01:44 PM »
lasix online bestellen ohne rezept furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix rezeptfrei deutschland
lasix tabletten rezeptfrei furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix online bestellen ohne rezept
lasix kaufen apotheke lasix rezeptfrei kaufen  lasix rezeptfrei österreich
lasix online kaufen furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix rezeptfrei österreich
lasix 40 mg ohne rezept kaufen furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix kaufen ohne rezept
furosemid rezeptfrei bestellen furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix ohne rezept kaufen