Author Topic: Help!! Exporting ><  (Read 13395 times)

ashiyaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Help!! Exporting ><
« on: July 01, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
Okay, I feel pretty stupid, but I registered just to ask this question ><;;;

I know that the layers in SAI are different from Photoshop's, so they display differently. But I was able to work around that once before. I drew and colored my picture in SAI, saved as PSD, then opened it in Photoshop to touch up. I remember that the highlights done in a certain layer looked dull, but in other layers I was able to save the highlights just fine, they looked just like in SAI. I'm not sure how I did this though!

Now I need to save a picture with a transparent background (as png), but SAI won't let me do that. So I'm trying to get the picture to Photoshop so I can save as png there. But when I open it in Photoshop, the highlights are dull.

By the way, they are "addition" layers. I keep trying to remember how I might have gotten it to work before, but I can't!

Does anyone know a way around this, so I can work with my highlights from SAI in Photoshop?

parfhelbelia

• LOLICON RULES !
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Help!! Exporting ><
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 05:21:49 PM »
' _ ' if you just want to export to png with transparent and correct highlight
Why don't you just merge all layer in sai and export as psd.
My deviantART
My English skill is not very good - Please forgive me when I say something stupid : P

ashiyaTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 06:57:59 PM »
Because whenever I merge down the addition layer, it changes how it looks, it doesn't have highlights anymore .___.

figue

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »
In Photoshop CS it keeps the layer effects but in older versions it converts the non supported layer modes to "Normal". If you want to drop the layer effects hit the Clipping group then drop it to the layer beneath it and it will only affect the areas that are painted.

ashiyaTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 07:46:45 PM »
Ahm, but I use Photoshop CS 3 and it makes my highlights layer completelly dull o_o;

Oh, oh! I was able to merge down the layer without losing the highlights, by doing what you said, using layer clip first. I didn't lose the highlights. But if I have a multiply layer on top on my normal layer, and then the addition layer on top of those, layer clip doesn't work (because I would have to use it with the layer directly below it). And I was able to make it work before on this other drawing, but I don't remember how I did it. Now I opened it in SAI again, modified a small detail so I could save over it, and bam, when I open this newly re-saved version in photoshop CS, I lost all my highlights. It's weird, I just wish so badly I remembered how I made it work before!! ><
But at least there is a sort of workaround, I just have to make sure to be able to use layer clip and have no layer between the addition and the normal layer...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:55:16 PM by ashiya »

smorgart

• Years
    • View Profile
accutane clomid azithromycin tamoxifen seroquel meloxicam meloxicam azithro
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »
accutane rezeptfrei bestellen isotretinoin rezeptfrei kaufen  isotretinoin ohne rezept kaufen
clomid online bestellen clomid bestellen zonder recept  clomid rezeptfrei kaufen
azithromycin 500 online kaufen azithromycin 500 preis ohne rezept  azithromycin ohne rezept
tamoxifen kaufen 10 mg tamoxifen rezeptfrei  tamoxifen rezeptfrei kaufen
seroquel 5 mg seroquel kaufen  seroquel kaufen apotheke
meloxicam rezeptfrei meloxicam kaufen ohne rezept  meloxicam kaufen ohne rezept
meloxicam 15 mg kaufen meloxicam rezeptfrei kaufen  meloxicam kaufen ohne rezept
azithromycin kaufen schweiz zithromax ohne rezept kaufen  azithromycin kaufen ohne rezept
meloxicam kaufen schweiz meloxicam 15 mg kaufen  meloxicam kaufen
propranolol kaufen rezeptfrei propranolol rezeptfrei schweiz  propranolol 10 mg kaufen ohne rezept