Author Topic: Opening large pixel files  (Read 7238 times)

drdingTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Opening large pixel files
« on: May 21, 2009, 02:16:45 AM »
hello all,

Ok my friend and I downloaded the trial version of SAI I believe version 1.1.0 this afternoon. 

Everything was going great and then we ran aground trying to open a 7000 x 5000 line art file, Jpeg I believe.
Now we got the error message about SAI's max size being around 2000+ or so and how to change the max size. So I amped it up to 9000 x 9000 keeping it below the 10k mark and still have it be usable for a bunch of sizes.

Well after restarting SAI (for the max change to take effect) and trying to open up a test picture of 7k x 5k, SAI began to open it, the loading bar filled up and then promptly froze. It froze so much so I had to do a hard reboot of my computer. My friend had this exact problem first off and then I tried to replicate what happened to her to see if it was just her computer, and it happened to me too.

So is this a usual problem, or something with the version we have, or something with our particular trial versions? We're really bummed cause this looks like such an awesome program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Kaetemi

• MSN Messenger - kaetemi@gmail.com
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Kaetemi
    • Email
Re: Opening large pixel files
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:30:29 AM »
You should not go over the recommended size, as it will need more RAM than you have, and it'll start using the HDD instead of the RAM, and it'll go insanely slow.

drdingTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:34:18 AM »
Ah so you can only work on larger files if you have a good amount of ram available huh?

Coda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:03:06 PM »
hmmmm... 7k X 5k px is pretty huge lol, i would have trouble with that size in any painter app... ( got 6gig ram, ATI radeon HD 4800 and Intel i7 2.6GHz here)
Why do you use such great size for lineart? and save it in Jpeg? Jpeg is worse possible compression you could choose for line art... try vector images?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 03:06:48 PM by Coda »

drdingTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
Hahah tell me about it. It's just the size the line art came in. I know it's crazy huge but that's how they saved it. By they I mean the original artist hehe. Personally my friend and I would never work that big.

What we ended up doing was putting SAI's max at 4k x 4k and shrinking the file to around 2k x 3k in photoshop. That did the trick and it opens perfectly now. Just something to keep in mind now for the future.

I've never really had trouble working from a starting jpeg, the problem was just for some reason it was a massive size.

smorgart

• Years
    • View Profile
bupropion meloxicam tamoxifen propranolol azithromycin baclofen vermox lasi
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 04:17:39 PM »
bupropion rezeptfrei kaufen bupropion 150 mg kaufen  bupropion kaufen
meloxicam kaufen meloxicam bestellen ohne rezept  meloxicam bestellen ohne rezept
tamoxifen al 20 mg kaufen tamoxifen kaufen rezeptfrei  tamoxifen bestellen ohne rezept
propranolol 10 mg kaufen ohne rezept propranolol kaufen  propranolol online rezeptfrei
azithromycin rezeptfrei kaufen azithromycin 250 mg kaufen  azithromycin apotheke rezeptfrei
baclofen rezeptfrei baclofen rezeptfrei online kaufen  baclofen bestellen ohne rezept
vermox kaufen online vermox tabletten rezeptfrei  vermox 100mg kaufen
furosemid online ohne rezept kaufen furosemid ohne rezept online bestellen  lasix 40 mg ohne rezept kaufen
meloxicam 7 5 mg rezeptfrei kaufen meloxicam bestellen ohne rezept  meloxicam kaufen rezeptfrei
nitrofurantoin ohne rezept bestellen nitrofurantoin kaufen apotheke deutschland  nitrofurantoin kaufen apotheke