Author Topic: How to turn on pressure sensitivity?  (Read 10880 times)

avanmeterTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
How to turn on pressure sensitivity?
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:32:35 PM »
Hello,

I am just getting started with Sai, and I am unsure as to how I can make it utilize my tablet's pressure sensitivity. None of the options I have found in the options menu or the tool  menus seem to change anything.

If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

restorer

• Administrator
  • We are from osaka ^_^
    • View Profile
    • Zame software development
    • Email
Re: How to turn on pressure sensitivity?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
Hello,

I am just getting started with Sai, and I am unsure as to how I can make it utilize my tablet's pressure sensitivity. None of the options I have found in the options menu or the tool  menus seem to change anything.

If anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Pressure sens is enabled by default.
If you draw without pressure sensivity, probably problem is in your tablet drivers.
Can you say what tablet you are using?

I use Wacom Volito-2 and everything is ok for me.

Djangle

• View Profile
    • My artsite
Re: How to turn on pressure sensitivity?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »
Same here. My tablet used its sensitivity by default, and if it's functioning properly, that's what it should be doing.

Are you sure it's not a problem with the tablet itself, and not just its model or something? I'd say you should try using its sensitivity in another program, just to test it out (Photoshop, Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro). Some programs don't use sensitivity, and others (like PSP) only use it for some tools, so make sure the program and tool you use to test it work with it as well.

Also, it may be that your tablet is getting old, and maybe you need a new one. If you really need help though (like, if it works with other programs or something along those lines), you may want to contact the manufacturer with the problem and see what they say.
~Djangle~