Author Topic: Layer Drag (Ctrl + Drag) Function Help?  (Read 741 times)

marcsazyTopic starter

• Years
    • View Profile
Layer Drag (Ctrl + Drag) Function Help?
« on: August 25, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »
So I'm not sure if this is something I can change now, but:

Let's say I had a painting of a figure with the head and body on different layers. In Paint Tool SAI Version 1, by holding down Ctrl (on a windows laptop), my cursor would identify the current layer that hangs underneath it. A.k.a. by holding down Ctrl, no matter which layer I was currently on, if I left-clicked I would immediately switch to the corresponding layer. I could hold down ctrl and leftclick on the body and switch to the body layer, then hold down ctrl again and click on the face and be back on the face, or even left click on the background and be on the background layer, etc etc. Similarly, I could hold ctrl, then drag with my mouse and move whatever was under my cursor, regardless if it was on a different layer.

But in Paint Tool Sai 2, these "Ctrl+Click" and "Ctrl+Drag" functions to identify and change layers doesn't exist. Consequently, regardless if I hover over a different layer's content and drag with my mouse, I still drag the layer I'm currently on.

Is there any way to change Paint Tool SAI 2 to have its Ctrl Button Layer functions work in the same way as PTS1?