Author Topic: Custom brush help? [slightly big images]  (Read 1104 times)

AcrocanthosaurusTopic starter

• YearsYears
    • View Profile
Custom brush help? [slightly big images]
« on: August 10, 2017, 01:59:06 AM »
I decided to try and make a custom brush/texture for SAI because I was tired of having to make scales. I have other brush textures downloaded, so I knew what to do, and to make sure the texture was of the right dimensions I had taken the canvas image in the brushtex folder, copy and pasted it in another folder and drew out the texture I wanted to use (it was kinda of experimental to see what size the scales needed to be for it to work out nicely).
After doing what I needed to, (make image grayscale via GIMP, put the image (newly renamed to "beep" and 1,brushtex\beep.bmp into my config file/the brushtex folder, etc) it ended up looking more like this.

Please note that my original image doesn't contain those 'bars', and doesn't have that glitchy appearance of the coloured areas. (The scales were decently big, too, so I have no idea why it looks like that of all things it could have done. If anything, they would be big circular splotches.)

This is the comparison between it and some others I had downloaded. They still work fine. I couldn't find anything on the forums related to this, so either I'm out of luck or it's such an easy fix nobody had needed to put a thread up like this for help ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Any of you expert custom brush makers have an idea of what in the world's going on?