Author Topic: what is clip studio downloading/syncing here?  (Read 1920 times)

OtokonokotronTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
what is clip studio downloading/syncing here?
« on: July 19, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
if i open the clip studio app, not the paint application.  it downloads materials or something to a designated folder.  so do i have like a gig of random materials now?  is there sone way to control this feature or find out what exactly it downloaded.   can anyone basically just tell me how this aspect of the program works?

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: what is clip studio downloading/syncing here?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 09:19:53 PM »

This is what I use. I go to the settings, cloud configuration and tick "cloud use" and "software backup".
I have a lot of my own custom materials locally, but it doesn't download additional stuff on it's own.

It just syncs your material database and software settings with cloud/PC.
You can change and locate the download folder in the settings menu (top right cog).
You can also download individual materials and settings.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 09:28:55 PM »
ok thanks a lot ill check that out

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:46:38 AM »
ok so for some reason i dont get any of that.
http://i.imgur.com/p8MdYda.png

the settings dont give me those options and i dont have all those things u do like gold

are all these services only japanese?
https://www.celsys.co.jp/en/service/creative/
it looks like ur stuff might be here
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:00:04 AM by Otokonokotron »

MoonlightAshe

• Years
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:58:59 PM »
Yeah, the English version of CLIP STUDIO has a stripped down interface, but some of the features still run when you start it. It looks like you have an account, so it is most likely syncing the material you installed locally to the cloud. This is not something you can disable until they finally embrace this useful software and open up more of the menu items.

With this stripped down version, you cannot easily check what is installed. But if you click the gear icon (settings) > "Location of Materials" you can see the path where they download to. You can also change that path to another directory if you want, as long as it doesn't contain folders called material and documents, and it's not located on removable media.

You can actually check in the material folder to see material that are installed, but with how they organize it folder-wise, it can get confusing fast.