Author Topic: Cursor jumping issues  (Read 353 times)

clysmianTopic starter

• View Profile
Cursor jumping issues
« on: March 04, 2017, 01:00:29 AM »
Hi, I'm new here.

Last week I reformatted my computer because it had been running as it was since 2010 and was getting very slow and clunky. It runs Windows 10 (previously 7 and upgraded for free). I finally replaced my 9 year old Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet with a Wacom Intuos Art. It'll take a while for my hand to adjust to the size of the tablet, but that's not the issue here.

Overall the tablet seems to work properly after installing the drivers and setting my preferences. But I have an issue with it when I use SAI (and a different issue in Clip Studio, but this isn't the right board for that). I've searched high and low for a solution on Google, but I have not found a single other person reporting this particular issue.

I had this issue with my old tablet before; it just suddenly fixed itself on SAI at some point in 2015, but remained in other programs (I couldn't even use my tablet at all outside of art programs after a while). The thing is that I have to reposition my hand while drawing, so my pen gets lifted a little as I resituate. Before reformatting, I could pick up where I left off, but now, whenever I reposition my hand, the cursor jumps a few inches away from where it was. I've seen many accounts of people having an issue where it jumps specifically to the upper left corner of the screen, or the cursor and brush positions are offset, and many more with pressure issues. But in my case, it's really just for keeping the cursor placement consistent.

I've tried many things. This is a fresh driver install (I received and installed my tablet two days ago) and I've tried removing my preferences and readjusting them. I disabled display scaling in SAI's  properties, I've edited the drift setting. and I disabled pen flicks. I run my tablet on mouse mode since that's what I've always used, and I've disabled Touch options. Still, nothing seems to work.

I'm getting really frustrated because I've been wanting to draw, and this is enough to prevent me from doing so :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keitou

• Amateur Manga/Comic Artist
    • MSN Messenger - rudiphel@hotmail.com
  • YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Inketto in Deviantart!
    • Email
Re: Cursor jumping issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
already tried recalibrate it?  try it and let us know