Author Topic: Hello Friends - Need a bit of help.  (Read 4537 times)

jimkricketTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello Friends - Need a bit of help.
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:17:13 PM »
Greetings to everyone,
I've been with Manga Studios since version 3 way back, upgraded to version 4, and when version 5 came, I upgraded to that as well. I would often check the Japanese site and just Google translate the page to find the latest news in regards to new patches. I have the Official English version of Clip Studio Paint version 1.5.4 but have no clue when 1.6.2 Official release well arrive, and have already waited almost a month since the Japanese 1.6.0 release(It's already bad enough not getting the version in between that either). The features that are helping the Japanese artists right now sadly does not apply to foreign artists, so I got the idea to download the Japanese version then apply the Unofficial patch. However I tried using my English version serial key and it does not work. Can someone please help me with a workaround so I don't have to pay for the program again, just to use the new version features? I know you may think this is phony but I really am a genuine, I don't have my artwork posted at Deviantart, but I have uploaded a good amount on imgur I can link as proof.

Best regards,
Jimkricket  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:22:42 PM by jimkricket »

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: Hello Friends - Need a bit of help.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »
Hello,
you can't use English CSP serial number for Japanese one.
Serials/programs need to be purchased separately.
However the program is sometimes on sale, for around $15, which is really cheap for the software of this scale.

jimkricketTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 03:01:43 PM »
Do you happen to know if that's the EX version? It's no good unless all features are present. I've also tried to fumble my way through registering for the 30days of the Japanese Trial. I think they are supposed to send me an e-mail confirmation which I haven't gotten yet... So at the moment I can't even try the unlimited features. If I wait for it to go on sale... I might as well wait for the Official English release, no idea when that will be. Last time, Japanese version 1.5.4 to the Official English had a discrepancy of a little less than one month, which is why I'm kinda losing hope in seeing the Official release 1.6.0-2 has almost past the one month mark with no signs of update. Still no account confirmation E-mail from Celsys even after editing this post to make more sense, I don't even know if I can successfully purchase the program during that sale when it comes around with the way this is going(my Japanese is also nil). Please someone, out of kindness help a legitimate artist out, I will stress again that I have the Official English version of Clip Studio Paint EX. =)

Thx
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:21:27 PM by jimkricket »

Ran_TH

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 08:57:02 PM »
I think no one can help you here, CELSYS has declared it that Japanese and English license are different. It sucks, I know. I own English license myself and kind of bummed that our version is way behind than Japanese one. Knowing the nature of Japanese software developer, I wouldn't hold my breath to it.

jimkricketTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »
Well, Anyways thx for the reply guys,
Good news is that I did manage to get a Japanese account, I should be able to try it for 30days, during that time perhaps the Official English version will be released.

ouob

jimkricketTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 05:59:01 AM »
Japanese version of Clip Studio Paint updated to version 1.6.3.  :'( Meanwhile, other versions stuck at 1.5.4.

jimkricketTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
Good news! Apparently CSP English version will at least be updated to 1.6.2 this coming Mid-December 2016!

Hooray! ;D