Author Topic: SAI2 - where are brushes saved?  (Read 13241 times)

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SAI2 - where are brushes saved?
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:09:58 PM »
Does anyone know where the brush settings are saved?
SAI1 had a toolink/toolnm forlder with .ini files which stored the brush settings, but I can't seem to find the location for SAI2 brushes?
I've checked the registry but that doesn't seem correct.

The only file that seems to get updated is the My Documents\SYSTEMAX Software Development\SAI2 Demo\settings2.ssd - and that doesn't seem to be editable with a text editor ,'/

Reem63

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SAI2 - where are brushes saved?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 11:37:39 PM »
Brush textures and forms are in the folders (blotmap, etc). I found out that SAI2 automatically does what Startsai used to do for the old sai, so you won't need to do it manually with a text editor.
The settings2.ssd seems to save your settings (brushes and palette).

If you are trying to back up your settings, I think that copying the (blotmap, etc) folders + the settings2.ssd will do.

I just downloaded a "fresh" SAI2 copy and tried it. It had the same settings as my original one. I think copying (blotmap, etc) folders + the settings2.ssd  might do. But It seems impossible to have two working copies with different settings like with SAi1.

Happy painting  ;D

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SAI2 - where are brushes saved?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
ahhh! thank you! so the program configuration is stored in X:\Documents\SYSTEMAX Software Development\SAI2 Demo\settings2.ssd
I couldn't find settings2.ssd at all! Had to search all my drives heh
Thanks again!