Author Topic: SAI Autosave 1.0.3  (Read 4105 times)

alexandervrsTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SAI Autosave 1.0.3
« on: March 18, 2016, 01:49:34 AM »
SAI Autosave
Autosave feature for Paint Tool SAI

Introduction
A free AutoIt powered script to autosave your SAI work on set intervals. This utility is provided AS-IS. Use it however you like!

Note that the script will check if the SAI window has focus first before saving and wait for you to switch to SAI if not (due to the script sending the Ctrl+S key shortcut to the SAI window), if you have the Blink setting on and the icon is visible on the Tray, then it will blink until you focus SAI. Also if you haven't saved the file first, you will probably get the Save dialog the first time the autosave occurs, naturally. You can Quit the utility manually from the system tray. If you close SAI, the script will exit automatically the next time it tries to autosave but doesn't find SAI open.

A word of warning, when you are editing other pictures that are not meant to be auto-saved, it's best to Pause the script first. Remember that the script will trigger the save shortcut, so anything in SAI that has focus, will be saved. To Pause the script from the system tray icon, right click and choose "Pause". When you need autosave back, the same way you can resume the script.

Installation
Copy "SAI Autosave.exe" inside your Paint Tool SAI folder (Usually "C:\Paint Tool SAI") and make a shortcut to your Desktop/Taskbar. Every time you click on the icon, it will launch SAI with enabled autosave feature (You can disable this as well with the Settings - see below)

Settings
To customize the utility further, you can open the "Autosave Settings.ini" file and tweak the following settings:

Interval
Default to 15, this is the minutes interval that the autosave occurs

Autolaunch
If set to 1 (default), it will also auto-launch sai.exe, useful if you want to make a shortcut to SAI Autosave.exe so that the Autosave functionality is available every time you open SAI through that shortcut.
Set it to 0 if you want to start SAI & the autosave utility manually instead.

Path
By default, the utility tries to execute the "sai.exe" that exists in the same folder, if your SAI installation is elsewhere or want to keep this utility in its own folder, then you'll need to change the Path option to point to your SAI folder (don't include the trailing slash e.g. Path=C:\Paint Tool SAI ), default is "." (same directory)

FileName
By default "sai.exe", the SAI executable name

Silent
Whether the utility will not display any notifications while starting up and saving, use 1 for on, 0 for off

Blink
The tray icon will blink if SAI does not have focus and the script is trying to save in order to remind you. Setting this to 0 will disable this, 1 is default.

PausedOnStart
Default is 0, when set to 1, then the Autosave feature will be paused when the utility starts and you will need to enable it via the option in the system tray icon.

If you accidentally mess up the "Autosave Settings.ini" file, just delete it and the utility will re-create it with its default settings

If you use the app and you find it useful, please kindly consider a donation, thanks!

Follow me @alexandervrs on Twitter for any future updates!

Version 1.0.3
Download

Feel free to suggest anything I missed! :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:20:34 PM by alexandervrs »
Indie gamedev | Follow me on Twitter @alexandervrs

alexandervrsTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SAI Autosave 1.0.3
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
Fixed a bug where the application auto-quit after saving once.  ;)
Check the Download link for the new version.
Indie gamedev | Follow me on Twitter @alexandervrs

spacenight

• ICQ Messenger - 568525237
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 02:49:41 PM »
THx for this! :D

MayuTheDemon

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »
hello i just downloaded this and i got a question
so while i was using it it autosaved but then i press control S and turned the program off and when i went back in it it wasnt saves like the auto save and the save i done didnt apply?????