Author Topic: How do I get my Parblo A610 graphic tablet pen to work in SAI?  (Read 9023 times)

alexTopic starter

• YearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
How do I get my Parblo A610 graphic tablet pen to work in SAI?
« on: January 02, 2016, 08:58:58 AM »
I got a new tablet this past christmas, a parblo A610 graphic tablet, and the pen won't work in SAI?
The cursor won't even move when I move the tablet pen.
I've gotten it to work once, but as soon as I click away from SAI it stopped.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

obtusity

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get my Parblo A610 graphic tablet pen to work in SAI?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:58 AM »
Depends on whether they have included a Wintab driver.

Sai 1.x uses the older Wintab system for passing pen pressure and location on to software (from the lower-level hardware support) - this was once the only way to get pressure-sensitive support in paint softwre. The Wintab driver software is (optionally) provided by the tablet manufacturer. A lot of graphics software has changed over to using the Microsoft Ink/TabletPC system built into Windows, which is more closely integrated into Windows, mouse functions, touch functions, etc. Sai 2 beta also supports this newer system (as well as Wintab - you can select which system to use).

The newer Ink/TabletPC system and some of the Windows mouse/touch functions (long press for right click, for example) get a higher priority than Wintab system, and can interfere or steal signals before they reach the Wintab system.

Have a look in your pen/tablet software and see if there is an option (often a checkbox) to turn off support for the Ink or TabletPC system. Also, in the tablet settings, or possibly in the Windows Control Panel in the Pen & Touch app, turn off things like Pen Flicks, ripples or screen indications for touch/pen, long press for right-click, and other similar functions (if your tablet supports handwriting input, for example) that have to do with the pen but not with pressure.

Here's are some things to check, written for FireAlpaca (another paint program using the Wintab system) but also applicable to Sai: http://fav.me/d8fwnqp 

You can also try the software link here http://parblo.com/?page_id=95 to see if it is updated from the software in the box.

Another thing: Try plugging in the tablet after starting Sai, that might help force a connection to the Wintab system.
And, of course, restarting your computer and then only running Sai (and no other programs) is worth trying.