Author Topic: SAI not responding to Cintiq  (Read 4764 times)

KusuriuriiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SAI not responding to Cintiq
« on: October 24, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
Hi hi!

I just purchased and installed my Cintiq13hd! However I have come to a problem -- the pen just doesn't register on the canvas! It works when I click around on the HUD and selecting tools like the eye dropper but anything relating to brushes and or making a mark on the canvas it toggles out and refuses to work. SAI has worked for me fine before with my Bamboo but now it's become a monolithic pain in the ass.  I have tried looking up different methods on getting my tablet to work

I have
 - deleted previous Wacom drivers
 - installed and installed drivers for the cintiq
 - altered the misc files of SAI
 - changes the pressure sensitivity from 0 to 100
 - calibrated the tablet while SAI was opened

It's completely boggling me!! I am not sure if it is my dual monitor set up or just Windows 10 buggering it up or what but I really want this program to work for me with my cintiq   :( help??
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:24:26 PM by Kusuriurii »

obtusity

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SAI not responding to Cintiq
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 12:23:56 AM »
Have you tried turning off Windows Ink? See http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14722
Sai currently uses the Wintab interface for pressure, not the Ink interface used by some other graphics programs,  and the Ink interface can prevent Wintab working properly. 

KusuriuriiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 04:57:07 AM »
I have turned it on and success I can draw BUUUTTT!  now the cursor/pen tool shows up at an inch/diagonal angle from the tip of my stylus.  :'(

Edit : So I uninstalled anything and everything involving tablets then reinstalled all the cintiq drivers + recalibrated the tablet. However the pen tool only on the canvas is off by a half inch in front of the pen. I have no idea how to fix this issue at all now. And that the slight off set of the tool will bother me greatly.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:58:36 AM by Kusuriurii »

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 01:46:30 PM »
Right-click on the Sai shortcut icon,  choose Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, tick the Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings option.  The Sai interface (buttons and menus and whatnot) will be smaller,  but cursor tracking should be better. 
Sai 1.x doesn't know how to cope with the interface scaling of high-resolution displays,  I think that has been fixed in the Sai 2.0 beta. 

KusuriuriiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 07:05:58 AM »
Right-click on the Sai shortcut icon,  choose Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, tick the Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings option.  The Sai interface (buttons and menus and whatnot) will be smaller,  but cursor tracking should be better.
Sai 1.x doesn't know how to cope with the interface scaling of high-resolution displays,  I think that has been fixed in the Sai 2.0 beta.

Issue is 1. i am running a 'hacked' or shared between friends version so all of my files are in a folder so  I don't utilize a short cut to access my program so when I right click the -short cut- in the folder Compatibility doesn't show

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Solution: With the spare change from the Cintiq, pay the US$45 for a non-stolen copy from the one-man developer (Koji Komatsu).