Author Topic: New build for SAI 2.0 (as of 12/31/2014)  (Read 25514 times)

Radical Raccoon

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • ラジカルラクーン
Re: New build for SAI 2.0 (as of 12/31/2014)
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 01:30:00 AM »
is there a reason why it doesnt start up after i click the exe after i extract the files?
I had a similar issue with the first development build of SAI 2 and still do with the newer releases, but back then it actually presented an error message. I don't know the exact cause, but when I have the driver for my drawing tablet installed, SAI 2 only launches correctly if my tablet is connected to my PC prior to launching SAI 2.

Of course, we may not be experiencing the same issue, but I figured it was still worth mentioning.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:47:01 AM by Radical Raccoon »

Otokonokotron

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 06:03:43 AM »
Quote from: Radical Raccoon
Quote from: Otokonokotron on February 07, 2015, 04:27:48 AMis there a reason why it doesnt start up after i click the exe after i extract the files?I had a similar issue with the first development build of SAI 2 and still do with the newer releases, but back then it actually presented an error message. I don't know the exact cause, but when I have the driver for my drawing tablet installed, SAI 2 only launches correctly if my tablet is connected to my PC prior to launching SAI 2.

Of course, we may not be experiencing the same issue, but I figured it was still worth mentioning.
yup that solved it thanks a bunch

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 06:30:56 AM »
New build - 2015-04-21b (might have been a couple of builds over the last few days, but the first time I've checked in a while).
New to this beta are: bug fixes, layer masks, lots more blending modes, and PSD support (if you have a license for version 1.x, otherwise you can't open/save files at all).

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 03:25:19 PM »
There is a 2015-04-22 build now! Developer has been very busy, lots of builds in the last few days.

I wish he would allow purchasing of 2.x license... because 1.x license will not work in 2.x once it is final... it says so specifically on the order page

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 02:24:35 AM »
Good to see active development.
No doubt you will be able to purchase a 2.x license when 2.x is released, although I'd happily pre-purchase to support development.

In the meantime, you can use the 1.x license number and password to generate a license file for the 2.x beta versions (use the system ID from the 2.x beta), to enable opening and saving. (Zulith, I have no doubt you are already aware of this, just mentioning it for the benefit of other readers.)

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 10:09:05 PM »
Just an update on licenses

The developer responded to a question from me

He confirmed that 1.x will be a FREE upgrade to 2.x so 1.x licenses will work in the final version

However he did not recommend buying 1.x and waiting for 2.x, because as he told me, there is no guarantee 2.x will ever come out... such as in the even that he should die (yes, he told me this :p)

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 07:19:14 AM »
Heh :) I do something similar at work. If I'm working on something important but haven't finished by Friday, I save it on a shared drive and let somebody know "in case I get run over by a bus on the weekend" - a habit that drives one colleague crazy ("you're not going to get run over by a bus! ") , but I once had an experience having to redo somebody's work in a hurry (it was a fairly minor accident, thankfully, not run over by a bus, but they were away from work for a couple of weeks). 

If the trial works on your machine (that's the impersonal "your" because "one's" is archaic, not you specifically Zulith), it's worth buying version 1.x just for what it can do already. Getting version 2.x will just be a bonus. 

purb36

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »
New build as of July 10. Apparently, not much visible change, but some key updates (like being able to color pick from all layers).

obtusity

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 02:43:48 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up! The new "move layer" update is also useful.

ArtBleed

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »
Happy that I can select and move bits around.  But Im waiting for the day we at least get basic Copy/Cute and paste feature. 

DisplacedLurker

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 01:43:14 AM »
Dumb question, probably because it's most likely not emulated in the beta yet, but:

Any way to hack this so the eraser end of the graphics tablet pen can be registered?

mslsr

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 06:23:43 PM »
You could try enabling the feature in Windows Pen & Touch? Bottom checkbox. http://puu.sh/ksr9H.png

Is it just me, or did they remove the Binary/Legacy pen? I've tried messing with the settings a bunch, but I just cannot find out how to disable the anti-aliasing.

DisplacedLurker

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 04:50:07 AM »
You could try enabling the feature in Windows Pen & Touch? Bottom checkbox. http://puu.sh/ksr9H.png

Is it just me, or did they remove the Binary/Legacy pen? I've tried messing with the settings a bunch, but I just cannot find out how to disable the anti-aliasing.

It's already checked in my settings, but the eraser ending is still not behaving like one, which implies to me that perhaps it's not emulated yet, hence why I wanted to hack it ha ha.

And no, I don't think there is an alias option in this beta, which is rather curious.

ArtBleed

• YearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2015, 07:26:33 PM »
So far the new beta is nice.  And the bucket tool and copy/paste is back.  Figured out how to set my fill tool again.  Just missing being able to export as file type.  but so far it looks nice. feels comfy

purb36

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »
New update for 2016!
http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/devdept.html

Some things added, some taken out, good update overall. Check it out!
-A