Author Topic: 'Box' Around my Paint Tool SAI Window?  (Read 3270 times)

BlooFoxTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
'Box' Around my Paint Tool SAI Window?
« on: November 17, 2014, 02:07:21 AM »
For some strange reason, my SAI has recently begun doing this. I am usually running dual screens (one for art and the other for pandora so that I can easily go between the two without changing windows, etc) but I have tested this both with and without dual screens running and the issue is always the same! I have a strange white border around 3 of the 4 sides of my SAI window. I'm not sure what's causing this and I haven't been able to find any information online about it so I'm not sure if this is something my graphics card is causing (and if it is, I'm out of luck as this is a laptop with an on-board chipset) or if its something that can be reversed, but I come to you guys with the hope that not all is lost!

I screenshotted my problem to adequately display what I'm faced with:

http://prntscr.com/574iib

Does anyone know what's causing this or how I can fix it? :( Its not TOO big a deal but it is something I'd really like to fix if I can.

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:09:46 AM by BlooFox »

Keitou

• Amateur Manga/Comic Artist
    • MSN Messenger - rudiphel@hotmail.com
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Inketto in Deviantart!
    • Email
Re: 'Box' Around my Paint Tool SAI Window?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 03:21:22 PM »
watching the image, I can say that you may have memory issues.

also, you can try to update you video adapter driver.

BlooFoxTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: 'Box' Around my Paint Tool SAI Window?
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:08:58 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for the reply! ;D

I have low RAM (4 GB, but it doesn't seem to go far) which I believe contributes to my memory issue - that hasn't been a problem before for me. Sometimes I have to close everything except for SAI but it does this every time I launch the program even if I literally just turned the laptop on and have no other programs running. :(

I am trying to update my driver now, though I doubt it'll help much since its a standard Intel Graphics Chipset. ; n ; I'm trying to figure out what I've done in the past week that could have caused this issue; I'd fresh install were it not for the fact that I have tons of brush settings and textures saved. Is there any way at all to transfer the textures in-tact to a fresh install of SAI so that I don't have to go through the headache of replacing them all?