Author Topic: Overlapping stroke?  (Read 4802 times)

RopeBoneTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Overlapping stroke?
« on: March 31, 2014, 09:49:21 PM »
I'm trying to create brush similar to the Opencanvas 1.1 brush. There are a few things I love about  this brush that make it very unique to me when sketching.

1) The brush overlaps so I can shade while on the same layer. It also darkens sketch strokes when I draw something.

2) fully opaque. I wanted a brush that doesn't contain smooth edges, it is fully opaque like the opencanvas brush on the right. The problem is that the only brush I have been able to keep within that style is the marker brush. It doesn't overlap and I have no clue how to do this.

Any Solutions?

* Can anyone post any solutions (Screeshots, responses, etc) on what brush can mirror this?

* Anyone know how to make the marker overlap (without needing to create a new layer)?

* Anyone have a brush shape that allows for me to create a fully opaque brush similar to the Opencanvas brush? (I don't want the feathered edges... except for the endsof the brush stroke).

To further this, with opencanvas 1.1 for sketching and paint tool Sai for painting, I created this old sketch http://tinyurl.com/l8tp5jh

Why am I asking to do this when I could just use both programs?

Opencanvas 1.1 is old and clunky for me, it's also missing some essiential tools for me like the lasso tool and the ability to to create a psd document. I also animate with a combination of sai and photoshop (with the use of this program here: http://tinyurl.com/o59s7jw. so this can be a problem for me.

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Overlapping stroke?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:14 PM »
I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I realized that you were using a Marker tool.

Have you tried the same thing with a brush tool instead of the marker tool? You lose the blend-by-pressure setting but it seems to duplicate your Opencanvas stroke in appearance at least.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee