Author Topic: MORE QUESTIONS! REALLY CONFUSED! PLZ HELP?!  (Read 8851 times)

pwnagiuxTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
MORE QUESTIONS! REALLY CONFUSED! PLZ HELP?!
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:15 AM »
Since this forum is a little to bunched up and hard to get answers out of  :o

I decided to just post something to get all my questions answered.

Was Clip Studio Paint originally called CLIP paint lab in beta? Is it the same product?

Is this Program the most similar to Paint Tool SAI for mac people? (like me)

There are mixed posts, but is there an official ENGLISH version of Clip Studio Paint by Ceylsus (probably spelled that wrong), If there is, what is the website?

What are your thoughts on this program? how similar is it to Paint Tool SAI and can you make the same quality art on CSP as you can on PTSAI?

It says Mangastudio5 is the same as CSP (according to the FAQ).....WHY SELL IT IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES THEN  ???

IF it really is not the same, what is the difference between Mangastudio 5, Mangastudio 5 EX, and CSP? AND which one is better?

I'm re-reading this and i sound like an asshole....sigh*  :'( oh well i guess it has to be done cause im just really confused and i dont wanna waste money on the wrong product.... I hope there are no negative comments and people will be happy to help  me..... 8) plz?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:23:25 AM by pwnagiux »

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: Im confused by this forum....too much to ingest. HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »
Was Clip Studio Paint originally called CLIP paint lab in beta? Is it the same product?

- Yes

Is this Program the most similar to Paint Tool SAI for mac people? (like me)

- Kinda

There are mixed posts, but is there an official ENGLISH version of Clip Studio Paint by Ceylsus (probably spelled that wrong), If there is, what is the website?

- http://www.clipstudio.net/en/

What are your thoughts on this program? how similar is it to Paint Tool SAI and can you make the same quality art on CSP as you can on PTSAI?

- It's great, you can do quality work if you are able to anyways.

It says Mangastudio5 is the same as CSP (according to the FAQ).....WHY SELL IT IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES THEN  ???

- It is the same. MicroSmith is US distributor of some kind.

IF it really is not the same, what is the difference between Mangastudio 5, Mangastudio 5 EX, and CSP? AND which one is better?

- MS is less frequently updated, CSP JP is top dog. EX version has some additional page/manga options/features.

I'm re-reading this and i sound like an asshole....sigh*  :'( oh well i guess it has to be done cause im just really confused and i dont wanna waste money on the wrong product.... I hope there are no negative comments and people will be happy to help  me..... 8) plz?

- $30 is nothing, it's not waste of time or money , it's killer toolset is enough for any pro out there.

pwnagiuxTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:11:56 AM »
LOL. UM I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWER. ONE QUESTION. CSP JP......Im talking about the english version. I think this is a typo?

Do you also mean the Celsyus version gets updated the most often? (when you typed "top dog") Compared to MS and MSEX?

OH YEAH, WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CSP PRO and CSP PAINT EX?

but really thank you for answering me. im so thankful  :'(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:15:08 AM by pwnagiux »

Zulith

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
Clip Studio Paint is in English if you buy the english version. If you buy the Japanese version, it's not in English, but there are fan-made patches found on this forum to translate it. If you don't consider yourself a very advanced user, just get the official English version. Bothering with all the complications of getting the Japanese version to work in English is not really worth it if all you want to do is create good art.

Manga Studio 5 and Clip Studio Paint are the same product, just distributed in different ways. CSP is recommended usually, because it's straight from the developer, whereas MS is distributed by a third party.

EX version adds features, the biggest one being multi-page support, which is definitely useful if you plan on doing that sort of work. But the price difference is substantial. You can always upgrade from the regular version to EX version later if you are not sure you need that function.

Read this page carefully to see the difference between PRO and EX

http://www.clipstudio.net/en/functions

pwnagiuxTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »
Im looking at both the english site and the japenese site, and updates for both seem to be mostly the same, english version takes a little longer to recieve the update, maybe a month late, but is the info i just typed here ^ correct? like the updates are usually on top of each other?

also,

I ONLY plan to make digital art and illustrations, i have no intention of making a manga (because im a bad script writer) and nothing related to manga, (other than the art part). Do i really need to spend like 200 bucks more on EX version? Or for my Current needs ^, CSPPRO will be just right for me? PLZ RESPOND :D (Big Grin) THX

ALSO

Does CSP pro and ex have full pressure support and all that jizzle for Wacom tablets and such?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:46:16 AM by pwnagiux »

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MORE QUESTIONS! REALLY CONFUSED! PLZ HELP?!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 03:50:01 AM »
If you are not doing Manga, then EX is probably not for you:  Pro is excellent!

And Clipstudio fully utilizes the pressure sensitivity of Wacom tablets (I've tried it with Bamboo, Intuos, and Cintiq ... all 'jizzle' functional!)

And yes, this is likely the closest you'll get to SAI on a Mac without emulator silliness.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

Zulee

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 10:58:49 PM »
I have a few questions to ask myself about Clip Studio Paint as well. I'm sure it's answered in the original thread, but I think it would be suitable here where it would be easier to find:

Can the materials you download for Clip Studio Paint be used in Clip Studio Paint English version? Can they be downloaded into Manga Studio 5?

Can materials downloaded for Comic Studio or Illust Studio be ported to any version of Clip Studio Paint? (Original, English, and Manga Studio 5)

I believe these issues were tackled before, but I would have to dig through endless pages to find it. If I -remember- correctly, materials downloaded from the Clip website CANNOT be downloaded into Manga Studio 5 because of a change in file extension. However, doesn't the Clip Studio Paint English version hosted by Celsys follow the English translation by SmithMicro? I'd imagine it would have the same file extension issue. 

If somebody could break this down and clarify it, please, I would definitely appreciate it. :)

Kindarbonky

• View Profile
    • My dA gallery
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 05:30:42 AM »
Zulee, as for BRUSHES, yes - they're all of the same .sut format so they can be used in both CSP and MS5 (given that they're practically twins under different names  ;D ). This comes from a user who used to have both (though later transfered her copy of MS5 to a friend) and tested brushes in both.

As for MATERIALS (as in tones and stuff) - Not sure, never got to test that. They probably should fit both versions of CSP, but I don't know what's about MS5.

(Corrected because on the English CSP site downloadable brushes are called "materials" so that's what I thought of first :] Maybe the page's still in baby stage and they'll add some actual materials later.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:36:43 AM by Kindarbonky »
CSP user || Tumblr || Pixiv

noobgraphicartist

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:48 AM »
Q > IF it really is not the same, what is the difference between Mangastudio 5, Mangastudio 5 EX, and CSP? AND which one is better?

For Me CSP the Japanese is better because ...

1 .. Fast Update

2 .. has Download Manager of Materials like 3d Models...  has wide selection of Brushes ....
Ruler Settings Preset = speed lines and curved lines = ... and other resources

3 .. CSP can easily export 3D Object by using Clip Studio Coordinate .. Sadly only Japanese Version has the Coordinate i believe

here are example of 3d Object exported From sketchup to Clip Studio Coodinate and then open to Clipstudio paint

http://1drv.ms/1h8xxi9

now if i change the Angle of 3D .. notice the Perspecta Ruler also follows or Magnet
so you can Retrace it easily if something went wrong just like it did look at mirror glass broken line

http://1drv.ms/1h8xH9o

here are example 3D Pose Model
which doesnt exist in package of CSP

i exported the 3d FBX of POSE STUDIO to Clip studio Coordinate then Open it at clip studio paint

http://1drv.ms/1h8xUJI

summary :
Clip Studio Paint Japan ver has advantage overall the 3 because of
1. Built in Download Warehouse = ClipStudio
just one click and download

2. You can Export your Custom Made 3D model = Clipstudio Coordinate
You can be easily retrace your custom 3D model .. because the perth ruler .. the 3 vanishing points ..
it follows along the 3D when you change angle ..  Effective especially at group Buildings or Rooms with lots of object ..

In Future
3. Clip Studio Modeler has function in file menu ...  export as material in ClipstudioPaint JP
Sadly it doesnt work .. its save successfully but when you drop it at canvas nothing happens...
well it is still in early development might work in future updates

but you can still export the created 3D at Clipstudio modeler by saving the desire format then you need to use ClipStudioCoordinate thou it has lot of bugs like missing faces ...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:36:05 AM by noobgraphicartist »