Author Topic: PLEASE NEED HELP!  (Read 6425 times)

MangekyouTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLEASE NEED HELP!
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:46:32 AM »
Hello! I’m Mange and a fellow artist using easy paint tool sai. It worked for years without a single flaw and now my brushes are completely messed up. Thanks to that I couldn’t even finish my boyfriends present uwu
That’s how almost every brush looks like

Please look at it with full view and then you can clearly see the color looks really messed up. I already made a fresh install of windows 7 and deleted everything from my computer. Tried out new graphic tablet drivers. Almost everything. I’m using Wacom Intuos Paint & Touch (the manga vers) - works fine for my friend.. I already deinstalled the tablet driver and the brushes look the same when I’m just using my mouse.
PLEASE HELP ME! I wanna draw again! If you know something, even the tiniest bit of help - PLEASE TELL ME!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:57:57 AM by Mangekyou »

Kuroonehalf

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • DA page
    • Email
Re: PLEASE NEED HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 03:12:16 AM »
Please direct link the picture. The embed mode you used downscaled the image and you can't see any details.

MangekyouTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 03:45:40 AM »

Raindrops

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »
Did you try se downloading it?

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »
I guess I'm not understanding EXACTLY what it is you're having the trouble with.

If those little red arrows are trying to point out some problem with the colour, I just can't see it (not knowing what you were trying to do or achieve). Could you describe exactly what you expected to see versus what actually happens? 

By the way, which version of SAI is that?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:44:28 PM by Robellyn »
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

Unicornfantasy1

• Yay! I like to draw!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:20 AM »
I guess I'm not understanding EXACTLY what it is you're having the trouble with.

If those little red arrows are trying to point out some problem with the colour, I just can't see it (not knowing what you were trying to do or achieve). Could you describe exactly what you expected to see versus what actually happens? 

By the way, which version of SAI is that?

I understand what it is they're having trouble with. If you look carefully, the little red arrows are pointing to lines in the colour. Probably cause they smudged to shade. I can see it and frankly I don't know how to solve it..
Unicorn

CaseyCorrupted

• View Profile
    • My Art on Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 06:48:36 PM »
I'm not exactly sure my understanding of this is on point but?

It's not an error. The colours in the gradation are VERY similar, so blending them will create those 'steps' in the image. A good way to avoid this strange gradient artifacting from occurring is to add a greater degree of colour variation.

Also, SAI's image quality is 8bits, so its colour range can be limited in comparison to other programs like Photoshop that can work in 16 and 32bits.

In the end, it really isn't a big deal~ In fact it's almost invisible unless you look reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaally closely. Especially with the eye of an artist~