Author Topic: Importing tools, etc. from IllustStudio and ComicStudio?  (Read 2956 times)

Inma R.Topic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Golden Nights
Importing tools, etc. from IllustStudio and ComicStudio?
« on: November 09, 2013, 08:09:45 PM »
Hello everyone,

I have this problem with ClipStudio Paint... I've tried searching for an answer in the forums, but I couldn't find any topic related to it. Forgive me if it was there and I skipped it.

Anyway, I bought ComicStudio EX4 years ago, and since Celsys made ClipStudio PAint EX available for free if you owned a CS EX4 serial, I downloaded it. I have read everywhere that you can import brushes and other materials from IllustStudio and ComicStudio, but I don't seem to be able to.

When I click to import IS or CS materials from the ClipStudio launcher, it finds my folders, but they are all empty. The materials didn't go to the main folder either, they're simply not loaded at all.

When I click to import brushes from IS or CS within ClipStudio Paint, it says "migration process complete", but the brushes are nowhere to be seen.

When I try to drag and drop a brush into the brush window, nothing happens.

When I try to import a .tos brush using the menu, it says "failed to import sub tool".

I tried all this with the original Japanese version. I thought language might be the problem (even though I have my computer with the unicode set to Japanese), so I downloaded the English version I found in this forum and tried again with the same results.

Sorry for the long entry and thank you very much for reading it (and thank you too if you can help me a bit!).