Author Topic: Questions about the image hosting part of the site?  (Read 3318 times)

sadnessTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Questions about the image hosting part of the site?
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »
Hello! I know it isn't the right place to write about this, but I couldn't find a way to contact the webmaster... But since yesterday, when I visit http://images.detstwo.com/, the "Free Image Hosting" website, I found out that I can't upload my files anymore because they ask for a "upload code"?? Even worse, the images I uploaded with this hosting service are completely deleted, which mean all the images I used for websites, layouts and all vanished, it is just rude because I spent mostly time on these and I was counting on some of these. I wasn't expecting this for a "free image hosting" website... If they wanted the people who use the service to use it less, they could just notice or something.
Any ideas so I can contact the webmaster maybe? What is this oh-so-secret "upload code" they want us to write? Why did they do that? Do you know a image hosting service as fast and as simple as this one? Like, instant upload with a really simple interface, with no registration?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:06:50 PM by sadness »

restorer

• Administrator
  • We are from osaka ^_^
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Zame software development
    • Email
Re: Questions about the image hosting part of the site?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:07:33 PM »
... all the images I used for websites, layouts ...
You shouldn't expect that images on free hosting will be kept forever.
Moreover, hotlinking (i.e. using direct link to image instead of link to page) is forbidden.

I found out that I can't upload my files anymore because they ask for a "upload code" ... Why did they do that?
In short - people began to use the hosting for storing illegal images and we regularly receive abuses from hosting company.
In addition server for hosting cost $$$ each month, but completely free service without ads or any kind of monetization doesn't bring any money.
So we decide to close this project.