Author Topic: Moving Layers, images, groups from one layer to another ends up with blank layer  (Read 14357 times)

Void HeartTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
   Hey all, need some help if you would. So instead of drawing everything on one canvas, I thought I could draw what I needed on multiple canvases, then just move them all to one canvas. Well I got it to work once with some linework, now I can't duplicate it.

I have tried everything; copying, pasting, I even did the open both projects, minimize them too where they both can be seen, then dragging the groups from one canvas to another. Now whenever I do this, the new layers appear, but they are totally blank.

It is kinda frustrating. I thought it would be a little easier to move sai files between sai canvases. I spent many hours painting a character, Now I can't move it over to where I spent many more hours doing a background. So any help you guys could give on a fix would be really appreciated thanks.

Keitou

• Amateur Manga/Comic Artist
    • MSN Messenger - rudiphel@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Inketto in Deviantart!
    • Email
i've just tryed to copy one layer to another canvas and worked just fine.

just selecting the layer, and pasting in a new canvas, also paste it on the same location.

http://i.imgur.com/Hsk5zyP.png

warning, the image is pretty big..

(the draw was done so quick.. via mouse.. haha, bear it, please)

Void HeartTopic starter

• View Profile
   Okay wow, I found out what happened. The images did copy over from on canvas to the other. It is just that they were like three inches below the freaking active canvas!! :-\ After selecting everything, moving it, and then finally transforming it everything worked out fine.

So for the future. If you move things over to another canvas, and it appears blank, look over in the grey area. It is more than likely over there.

Keitou

• Amateur Manga/Comic Artist
    • MSN Messenger - rudiphel@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Inketto in Deviantart!
    • Email
did you try as I told you on what I did? my layer on the other canvas is on the exact place.

it's odd that you finded that yours, moved 3 inches

but, well, I glad that you could solve that issue  :)