Author Topic: Sai Tool UI and cursor problems  (Read 11022 times)

madsciencemouseTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Sai Tool UI and cursor problems
« on: October 29, 2013, 04:23:03 AM »
Hi all! A lot of my favorite artists use Sai tools, so I thought I'd give the trial a shot. I have a 1st gen Surface Pro with the Wacom Feel driver and regularly use Sketchbook pro to draw. Pressure and everything else works great.

When I installed Sai, everything was not so great.

First, the pressure wasn't working, but by following this tutorial: http://iridogorgia.deviantart.com/journal/Pressure-Sensitivity-in-Paint-Tool-SAI-230905902 I was able to to get pressure working. However, this creates a new problem. The cursor lines up with my pen tip when I am drawing on the canvas, but when I am trying to use the UI elements and tool bars, the cursor is a few inches off from where my pen tip is. In fact, if I am drawing on the left side of the canvas, sometimes a second cursor will appear hovering over the UI and I will start clicking things instead of drawing.

The second issue is that the UI just plain doesn't fit on the screen, and there seems to be no way to access elements that are offscreen.

An Image to clarify:

If anyone could help, I would be incredibly greatful. Sketchbook pro is really rad but I'm starting to look for a more powerful tool, and I hope Sai can fill that need.

madsciencemouseTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sai Tool UI and cursor problems
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »
Well I figured out a solution on my own, so I figured I should post it here in case anyone else is having the same issues.

The Surface Pro scales up the actual size of the screen because it's high resolution makes things very small and difficult to see at normal scaling. Going into display settings gives scaling level options, and the default is 150% Apparently some programs don't work well like this and Sai in one of them. Scaling to 100% fixed both  my cursor and UI issues.

I hope this saves someone some frustration.