Author Topic: Problem with Two Cursors. Help!  (Read 8020 times)

KhimearaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Problem with Two Cursors. Help!
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:17:51 PM »
I'm new to these here parts and I wasn't sure how active this community was anymore, but I'm absolutely desperate to get my SAI issues fixed!

Recently I picked up a Microsoft Surface Pro (complete with Windows 8 ) after researching touch screen tablet possibilities to use for my ongoing freelance work, and the program that concerned me the most for compatibility was SAI. After installing WinTab drivers to make the system pressure sensitive in SAI, all the features of the program worked fine--except for the cursor.

I have my regular brush cursor, and a second cursor that's diagonal and to the left by several centimeters and it makes it impossible for me to draw properly.  When I hover the stylus over the canvas, I can draw a few lines with relative ease, but as soon as I navigate away from the white of the canvas the brush will dart away to the position of the second cursor. When I go back to moving my stylus around, it makes two cursors.

I have tried different updates of the Wintab drivers necessary for the pressure sensitivity to work on the Surface Pro and the above problem persisted. When there were no Wintab drivers installed, SAI worked fine, with just one cursor, but none of the brush settings worked nor did the line stabilizer, resembling blocky and shaky-handed MS Paint lines.

Please help me out, I'm absolutely at my wit's end for how to fix this!

WinTab drivers I was referred to and used are here: http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:09:30 AM by Khimeara »

Nebulosity

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem with Two Cursors. Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
I don't have a surface tablet so I looked around a little.  Couldn't find anyone else having this issue.  Some commonly suggested things would be to disable Touch support while using Sai so it doesn't pick up on your hand touching the screen.  Also, if you're still having issues try calibrating the pen.
Reinstalling Sai may help as well, make sure you have the latest version (personally I went ahead and am using the 1.2 beta 5, supposedly has better Windows 8 support, no idea how much of that is true though)
Turned out I had been using 1.0.1 instead of 1.1 previously... =/
Some links that might be useful to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAd2xxM97uo
http://thingsthatmightinterestnerds.com/surfacepro_knownissuesbugsquickfixes/

Good luck in solving your issue!

KhimearaTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:20:16 AM »
Thank you for your help, Nebulosity, but unfortunately none of the above worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and program versions in varying orders, to no success.  I disabled my touch capability, as well as a few other unnecessary drivers just to keep the pen itself as the means of working with the tablet, and that didn't do the trick, either.  Calibrating the pen settings did nothing of merit also.

There's only one major change to note, really, and that's when I tried the SAI 1.2 Beta 5. The stylus navigated the menu area perfectly unlike the last time....but then on the canvas portion, the cursor went all screwball and the pen tip where I drew was nowhere NEAR the segment of canvas where the lines would appear. In other words: it's now doing the polar opposite of what the previous version of SAI was doing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:24:52 AM by Khimeara »

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »
So ... have no idea if this would be the issue (don't have the hardware here to tinker, sorry!), but have you tried adusting the 'tabletcursormode' in the misc file?   Go into your SAI folder, open misc (with notepad), and turn 'tabletcursormode'=1, then restart SAI.   Does that help at all?
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee