Author Topic: CLIP Studio Paint = Manga Studio 5  (Read 30742 times)

hecartha

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CLIP Studio Paint = Manga Studio 5
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »
Are there any additional poses from MS5 that are no tin default CSP library?
Thanks.
Here all the poses available...no difference as digitoonie said

I will try in the next days to edit the file where is stored the path of a material in the library to match Trev's translation. So, it will be possible to just paste the whole Manga Studio library to Clip Studio library using Trev's translated folders. I have done a test with 6 different materials (pose, brush, texture...) and it works, once pasted in Clip Studio Paint, they are using the Trev's folder hierarchy.
The path of a material is located there:
***material ID***\icedata\layerData.xml

in this file, there is the path:
Manga Studio
    <datalist key="foldertag">
      <data>3D:Pose:Entire body</data>

Changed to Trev's translated folder name
    <datalist key="foldertag">
      <data>3D:Pose:Body</data>

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 06:06:59 PM »
Thanks.

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »
Wow that would be very awesome... thanks for your work on this.

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:35 PM »
You can download from this link the needed files to convert your Manga Studio 5.0.2 materials (default and added materials) to Clip Studio Paint materials. Once done, they will use the translated hierarchy of folders just like that:

There is a "How To Install" inside the 7-Zip file but I added the method here also

1. Close Manga Studio, Clip Studio Paint and Clip Studio

2. Delete (or move them somewhere else) Clip Studio Paint default materials folders. By default, 5 folders are installed,
from "Paint001" to "Paint005" inside the following path
%ProgramData%\CELSYS\CLIPStudio\Common\Material\Install\
Delete them also from your user folder here
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\Material\Install\

3a. If Manga Studio 5 materials are already installed on your system, just copy the content of the folder (Paint001, Paint002....)
%ProgramData%\Smith Micro\Manga Studio\Common\Material\Install\
To there

3b. If you never installed Manga Studio materials, you need to find them.
They are named like that "Paint001" (Paint+ 3 digits).
Copy these folders to there

4. Copy the content of the file "Manga Studio 5.0.2 - Trev Folders Hierarchy.zip" to there
It will overwrite 1313 files

5. Open Clip Studio (the material manager, not Clip Studio Paint)
Check the "Material List" tab to the left panel. If the hierarchy of material folders is in Japanese, delete the following file
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\MaterialDB\CatalogMaterial.cmdb
If it is already translated, skip this step.

6. At the bottom left of the Clip Studio window, click on the gear icon and choose "Default Material Installation" and click yes

Clip Studio will install the Manga Studio materials to your user folder here
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\Material\Install\

Done! You can now check the material list or open Clip Studio Paint. If you find something that hasn't been done correctly, please, leave a reply to help me fix it. As it has been done mostly automatically, it is possible some mistake has been left...and as I am using Clip Studio Paint only for testing few stuff, few minutes, I will probably never notice it.

If it is needed to do that again in future, I added to the archive the method I used and I described it here also:
1. I copied all the layerData.xml files (1313 files) from the Manga Studio 5.0.2 material folders preserving their hierarchy.

2. I compared the Manga Studio hierarchy with the Clip Studio Paint translated hierarchy

3. I used Notepad++ to find and replace in multiple files, 57 expressions.

I used the following regular expressions (a html table is provided with the archive). Find the entries from left column and replace them by the entries in the right column.

Filling 57 times the Notepad++ find and replace panel was damn boring lol
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:56:14 PM by hecartha »

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2013, 09:05:57 AM »
Fantastic!! Thank you!! This is incredibly valuable for those of us wanting the best of all worlds :) I hope more people see this.

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 11:07:52 PM »
ATTN hecartha,

With CSP 1.2.7 (The new stable version just released) some of the directories seem to have changed. Can  you advise on doing this process with CSP 1.2.7? If all that changed was the directory it should be simple enough, but I don't know if that is the case?

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 12:16:39 AM »
Can you guys make these forms by adjusting the sliders or is this another 3d figure I missed somewhere?
http://www.clipstudio.net/view/img/paint/fanc_42.jpg
http://www.clipstudio.net/view/img/paint/fanc_41.jpg

EDIT:
Bah, I just needed to enable the light source.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:23:08 AM by Memag »

kissmiss

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »
Woot! This Lighting new feature is sooooo good for placing shadows correctly! Awesome tool!;D

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 11:42:02 AM »
ATTN hecartha,

With CSP 1.2.7 (The new stable version just released) some of the directories seem to have changed. Can  you advise on doing this process with CSP 1.2.7? If all that changed was the directory it should be simple enough, but I don't know if that is the case?
I just tried the translated files from Trev and nothing seems to have changed. Could you be more precise?

Remember when you are installing a new Clip Studio Paint version, it will merge the added Manga Studio materials folders (Paint001, Paint002...) adding to them the Clip Studio Paint folders. That means it is needed before a new installation:
1- to move temporary the Manga Studio folders to a backup folder (from programdata and from your user profile)
2- to install the new version
3- to move the newly installed material folders to a new folder (ie -> original materials) from programdata and from your user folder
4- restore your Manga Studio materials from the backup folder (from 1-)
5- rebuild your database (and maybe before that, delete again the file "Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\MaterialDB\CatalogMaterial.cmdb" )

As I am not satisfied by the method, I will try another approach that might allow to keep the Clip Studio Paint material.
For now, replacing the Clip Studio Paint materials by the Manga Studio materials breaks the link of the brushes which used the original Clip Studio Paint materials.
Smith Micro has changed the original material ID (in this way, they can install their translated version without uninstalling the original version which is better when translating I suppose) so when we are replacing Clip Studio Paint materials by Manga Studio materials, Clip Studio Paint is unable to find anymore the material ID linked to a brush...

So, I need to test what will happen if I replace the material ID in "icedata\layerData.xml" by the original ID. If it works, that will allow to translate the Clip Studio Paint material with only the needed files:
-icedata\layerData.xml
-catalog.zip
-info.zip

I need to test also the behavior of the catalog.zip/catalog.xml....
but I haven't the time for now especially because I need to find a method to automatically replace inside the "layerData.xml" files, the Manga Studio ID by the Clip Studio Paint ID. I would like to use two text files with the following method:
-look at text file 1 the expression from first line and search it inside all xml files and replace it by the same line from text file 2...and so on.
...but I don't know how to do that for now and I will probably need some help from file management expert