Author Topic: CLIP Studio Paint = Manga Studio 5  (Read 30741 times)

nerthTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: CLIP Studio Paint = Manga Studio 5
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »
CSP is way better.

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »
We know this. Smith Micro redistributes Celsys' software for international use.  ;)

Comicstudio 3 and 4 were renamed Manga Studio. They just kept the Manga Studio name when they redistribute clip studio.

Biggest difference is for is software updates. Celsys updates Clip Studios Software much more frequently (On average every 2-3 months) than Manga Studio gets updated. So features that are in CSP now haven't appeared for Manga Studio, whose updates take longer.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 03:57:18 PM by digitoonie »

Ghost

• View Profile
    • Monster Soup
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 03:43:13 AM »
I've been using Manga Studio 5 since late January, and can verify that it has yet to receive an update. It is frustrating when I know that CSP is updated frequently. Also, Smith Micro hasn't even released a trial to MS5, which has hurt sales in my opinion.

trev

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »
I'm really really interested in how they're going to share the amazing resources on the CELSYS materials site.
Maybe they'll create translated offline packs to buy?

Ghost

• View Profile
    • Monster Soup
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 03:34:19 AM »
It is a little sad to see all of those wonderful resources offered on CELSYS' site, yet since I don't own CSP, I can't download them. And there's plenty I would love to have!

On a side note, Smith Micro has finally released Manga Studio EX 5. I purchased my upgrade this morning. The only reason I upgraded was for the story creator option. And with the EX release, they also released an update to the original version.

Otokonokotron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 04:48:53 AM »
well, u know, that's how it is.  there's this one MMO that's made by sega that me and my friends play.  since it's based in japan [originally] and the English servers were added secondary, most of the stuff we get is delayed (as they get it first).

i was just happy to have a full translation and the functionallity at least

kuroganesetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 11:41:32 AM »
I'm guessing there's no chance to possibly use Manga Studio 5, and register on CELSYS's site and get materials?

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 02:10:16 PM »
I'm guessing there's no chance to possibly use Manga Studio 5, and register on CELSYS's site and get materials?
I still haven't figured out how to get the materials for CSP even though I'm regged on the site... I wish someone would do a tutorial on it

and I assume you can't use MS5EX materials on CPS and visa versa?

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »
Every Clip Studio Paint materials work on Manga Studio 5.
I tried to download few of them like this free 3D model and they work. And of course, I can paste a Manga Studio 5 pose on it and so on.
I tried to download image materials or brushes and all of them work.

You just need to find where the material is stored.
this 3D model was stored there:
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\Material\45\27\574554e977-8942-42b7-8ec5-b5e8a5ffb1

the folder 574554e977-8942-42b7-8ec5-b5e8a5ffb1 is the folder you will need to paste in the Manga Studio 5 equivalent folder

The folders 45\27 are random generated folders.
As an example, I pasted this 3D model here as the folders 00\44 were already there but I suppose it doesn't matter.
Documents\Smith Micro\Manga StudioCommon\Material\00\44\574554e977-8942-42b7-8ec5-b5e8a5ffb1

You can also install the material under programdata here
%ProgramData%\Smith Micro\Manga Studio\Common\Material\Install\Paint***
Create a folder that is not used if you want (ie Paint077)

Now, Celsys has hard coded the name of folders (in Japanese) in the material library so as these folders don't exist (because they are translated) in Manga Studio 5, all the downloaded materials will be located at the root of the Manga Studio 5 library. So you will need to organize them yourself manually...not a big deal.

After you pasted all the needed materials to Manga Studio folder hierarchy, you will need to use "organize materials" from file menu.

I still haven't figured out how to get the materials for CSP even though I'm regged on the site... I wish someone would do a tutorial on it

and I assume you can't use MS5EX materials on CPS and visa versa?
You need to download them from Clip Studio and you need to be logged. There is a button just below the main screenshot of the material when you are logged.

It allows to download the material.

Here the translation of the Clip Studio material search panel

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 01:25:52 AM »
Thank you for your detailed response... it was very helpful.

Do I have to download everything individually? With Manga Studio there is a bulk material add-on you can get that has tons of materials... doesn't CSP have an equivalent to this any longer?

Also... if I want english materials in CSP can I use the MS5EX materials just the way you described above? MS5EX has a bunch of additional materials you can optionally install (but it seems the install method is different from CSP)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:36:39 AM by Zulith »

kuroganesetsu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 05:41:02 AM »
I understand the process to transfer the materials from CLIP <=> Mangastudio so far. Thank you for the explanation ^^

Do we have to buy clip studio in order to have access to the materials though? I've been registered on the site for quite a while.

When I browse the materials, I get "※この素材はCLIP STUDIOで購入/取得できます" underneath the materials picture. I've already bought Mangastudio 5 EX, so it would be hard to bring myself to buy Clip Studio too lol ^^'....

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »
Do I have to download everything individually? With Manga Studio there is a bulk material add-on you can get that has tons of materials... doesn't CSP have an equivalent to this any longer?
You can install them in bulk with the method I described in my previous post but I don't think Celsys allows to download materials in bulk. That would harm their servers if they allowed such practice.
Also... if I want english materials in CSP can I use the MS5EX materials just the way you described above? MS5EX has a bunch of additional materials you can optionally install (but it seems the install method is different from CSP)
Ok, I am dumb, I just discovered the whole Clip Studio Paint library folders have been translated by Trev....I just needed to delete this file:
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\MaterialDB\CatalogMaterial.cmdb
and it will be recreated after rebuilding the database with translated names
So....
The method works with Clip Studio Paint but as I have said, the library sub-folders in Clip Studio Paint are using Japanese names (or translated names) instead of referring to unique language free ID. So, there is no way to automatically organize them in the library...and considering the amount of materials available in Manga Studio 5, your material library would be a real mess (everything at the root).
It is possible also that you can organize manually Manga Studio 5 materials to translated Clip Studio Paint material folders and to backup them using such new organization. Maybe they will keep this organization if you need to install them on a new computer...I didn't try. *EDIT* I tried finally and it works, you can convert your whole Manga Studio materials to match the translated material sub-folders and they will keep the translated folders when installed on new computer. */EDIT*

Now about the installation, you just need to copy your Manga Studio materials from here:
Documents\Smith Micro\Manga StudioCommon\Material\Install\Paint***
to there
Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon\Material\Install\Paint***

Just edit the number (always keep the 3 digits) of the folders to prevent to paste your materials in the Clip Studio Paint native material folders.
Once it is done, use the rebuild material database from Clip Studio

Do we have to buy clip studio in order to have access to the materials though? I've been registered on the site for quite a while.
Clip Studio doesn't care about any license and it doesn't even care if the software related to the material you are downloading is installed (ie I installed Clip Studio Action material on a computer where Action was not even installed).
So the material will be installed but it will not be available to your trial version...but you don't care as you will paste it to your registered Manga Studio version.
When I browse the materials, I get "※この素材はCLIP STUDIOで購入/取得できます" underneath the materials picture. I've already bought Mangastudio 5 EX, so it would be hard to bring myself to buy Clip Studio too lol ^^'....
As I have said, you need to download the materials from Clip Studio which works independently from Paint/Action license.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:58:13 PM by hecartha »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
Are there any additional poses from MS5 that are no tin default CSP library?
Thanks.

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
Pretty much the same poses.