Author Topic: Bugs, Quirks and Workarounds  (Read 9226 times)

DadoTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bugs, Quirks and Workarounds
« on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:14 PM »
First of all, thanks for you guys to translate this sweet tool. Just bought my copy this last weekend and I´m slowly moving from SAI after years of daily usage.

Since I couldn´t find a thread for specifics behaviors of CSP, I´ll ask mines here and hopefully more people can be benefit of the solutions provided by the community.

Here´s my first ones:

- Can I Rotate the Document, not the View, in CSP?

- When working with PSDs files, I´ve noticed that isn´t possible to Save the file using the keyboard shortcuts either the little icon on the toolbar or the option on the File menu - the workaround I could find is to Close the file (so the dialog boxes for Save appears) or to Save As the image under the same filename. Very weird.

Any help and thoughts would be appreciated

Dado Almeida | Concept Artwork & Illustration

Site: http://www.dadoalmeida.com

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: Bugs, Quirks and Workarounds
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:25:35 PM »
You could flatten the image, and then modify it (flip).
You can select all the layers (or select layer folder if you have it) and do "modify", that is probably more desirable to you. 
There is no image rotation as a command, at the moment .

Saving PSD files work okay here, just tested it.
When you are closing the file it will ask you again (file has been changed...) if you want to save it.
but CTRL+S saves the file just fine.
"Save as" also works as expected.

I imagine they will fix and add features in future releases.
Good luck!

DadoTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »
Hey, thanks Memag.

Well, Rotate Canvas is such basic feature that I though it was my lack of knowledge of this new tool.

Regarding to the Ctrl+S/Save Icon for PSD files I need to check it later. Isn´t working for me then - I´ve checked my Modifier/Shortcut keys but no luck yet.

Dynotaku

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 04:36:07 AM »
You can rotate the canvas, and you can set it up to work just like SAI (I've been using SAI for about 3 years as well now).

Go to File > Modifier Keys... and then check the Alt box, and it will show you all the possible combinations with the Alt key. Find ALT+SPACE, then set the dropdown to Tool Override, then a pop-up comes up, select Move and expand it, the bottom option is Rotate.

DadoTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »
@Dynotaku: hey man, thanks. I´ve asked for a Rotate Document function (or Image Rotation, like in Photoshop), Rotate View is fine here but glad you remember to set this shortcut to mimic SAI. Much more cooler.

I´m really impressed by how customized CSP can be. Slowly I´m getting used to it and some professional work can be made on this tool. 

Btw, any other people can test this CTRL+S thing while working with PSD documents. It´s not a big deal, but even re-installing CSP I can´t make it work.

DadoTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 05:25:06 PM »
Just to keep my own thread updated:

- The PSD Save thing i actually a small bug I guess: I´ve noticed the changes are saved, but the little (*) icon besides the name (warning the file needs save) doesn´t change when you hit Ctrl+S. 

DadoTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 07:12:35 PM »
Do you guys know a way to share/import an Action only ? - not the whole set. 
Looks like you can save this as a Material, but I dont have any idea how to import then.

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
Well, from what I can see, there is an 'import' tool in the action menu (the one on the upper left of the action palette).  CSP has more different menu's per palette than any other application I've ever used!

This would assume that you have a single action you want to import saved as a file somewhere.
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

DadoTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
Thanks Robellyn,

But I don´t think it´s possible to LOAD/EXPORT specific actions. You can delete all actions of the set and save a new set with the desired action only, but it´ll be load in a new Group. Not big deal, but, kinda unpractical to share.

Btw. Here´s an tip so you guys can record your own Action:

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
Quote from: Dado

But I don´t think it´s possible to LOAD/EXPORT specific actions. You can delete all actions of the set and save a new set with the desired action only, but it´ll be load in a new Group. Not big deal, but, kinda unpractical to share.
]

Hmmm. Looks like you're right ... it fooled me in my test!  But it looks like you can define your custom actions in their own set, then export / import the set for the purposes of sharing.

And thanks for the nice sketch-to-ink action!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:32:32 PM by Robellyn »
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

riyuen

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 01:14:59 PM »
Found a rather annoying bug, but also a workaround!

I'm running CSP ver 1.2.3 Pro on Windows 8, and it just about gave me a heart attack when it suddenly refused to open about half of my files!  Instead, it gave me the cheery message "指定したファィルはみつかりませんでした" ("The specified file could not be found") if I tried opening the file with CSP closed.  If I tried opening a problem file with CSP open, nothing at all happened.

After much gnashing of teeth (including uninstalling and reinstalling CSP), I managed to figure out that the problem files were the ones with longer paths - if I pulled them to the desktop, or renamed the folder they were in to something shorter, they miraculously opened again.

An example of the sort of path of a file that wouldn’t open is: C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Blah\CG\Name of Project\Cover-v2.lip - but when I renamed the folder to NoP rather than Name of Project the file finally opened.

I’m not sure why this suddenly happened - I’ve worked on and off with some of the files in CSP using the problematic longer folder naming before, and it was all fine.  The culprit might be in the update to ver. 1.2.3, since I updated not that long ago, and I can’t remember if I worked with the problem files after updating.

Hopefully this helps anyone if they run into the same problem, since I found zero reports when googling about it in despair.

trev

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:50 AM »
Quote from: riyuen
An example of the sort of path of a file that wouldn’t open is: C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Blah\CG\Name of Project\Cover-v2.lip - but when I renamed the folder to NoP rather than Name of Project the file finally opened.
Windows has a 255 character limit when it comes to filenames and paths. I wonder if that's what you stumbled across?