Author Topic: Failed To Open Canvas  (Read 7196 times)

RossSilvaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Failed To Open Canvas
« on: April 07, 2013, 02:23:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure lots of people have seen this topic in here multiple times but its pretty desperate this time.

Basically my girlfriend was working on a canvas for 2 days and ofcourse she saved at times but heres the problem - during the second night her laptop charger came of and the laptop shutoff (the laptop is pretty old and has some issues) and after that the canvas just fails to open. We've both tried anything possible to open it but alas it won't.

Most of you are probably just going to say that the file is corrupted and its not recoverable.
Personally I don't think it is, today (1 day later) it happened again with another canvas and it wasnt corrupted so I doubt it had any effect on the file's stability.

As you can see in file viewer the canvas thumbnail is available, which means the canvas is NOT corrupted.

The canvas size (1200x730) and size (18,188kb) are preserved aswell.
The only thing I can't figure out is why this is happening. I've tried it on my computer aswell and it still refuses to open.

Is there any solution to this. SAI hasn't been updated for 5 years and I refuse to believe that nobody has thought of a solution yet.

It's pretty depressing and I'm not even close to giving up on it.

RossSilva.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:23:00 PM by RossSilva »