Author Topic: [Newbie/Noob] Copy and Flip Question  (Read 13206 times)

xinghaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
[Newbie/Noob] Copy and Flip Question
« on: November 20, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »
Im a total newbie about using SAI and what I only know in Photoshop is just using Magic Wand (separating the main image from its background) and a very little of some basic things. I usually done image editing in Paint so im not used to advanced application for image editing.

I want to copy the right ear of my drawing and paste it on same layer/plane, and flip it horizontally. It is for comparing the size of my drawing's right ear and left ear as im having trouble editing the right ear to match with the left ear's size (for proportion). In Paint, this is very easy - copy, paste then flip horizontally and drag it over to where the left ear is, done. I do not know which similar function in SAI this is and i don't want to read the whole tutorial just for a little task.

xinghaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [Newbie/Noob] Copy and Flip Question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 12:09:49 PM »
Pls i need help!

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [Newbie/Noob] Copy and Flip Question
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
It is done almost the exact same way as in photoshop:

1. Make your selection (using the wand tool (called Magic Wand in Photoshop), the Lasso Tool, or a Selection Paint tool ... whatever pleases you or fits your workflow).

2. COPY and PASTE;  Pasting will paste on  a new layer. Use the keyboard shortcuts (CTRL+C for Copy and CTRL+V for paste, or use the EDIT menu. You can't right click and get a contextual menu for this step.

3. Go to the Layer Menu and select 'Transform', and like in Photoshop (which shares the same keyboard shortcut of CTRL+T), you can then rotate it, move it, or flip it. You will also see in the Layer menu shortcuts for horizontal and vertical flipping.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 07:44:03 PM by Robellyn »
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee