Author Topic: CPS keeps crashing!  (Read 9674 times)

sleepyempressTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
CPS keeps crashing!
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:09:49 AM »
SO I BIT THE BULLET AND BOUGHT CLIP PAINT STUDIO.

The only problem is that it still crashes every time I so much as click the pencil or brush tools, and buying the full version hasn’t fixed the problem.

What should I do? Has anyone else experienced this problem?

You can see the error report here: http://sleepyempress.tumblr.com/post/33686731386/so-i-bit-the-bullet-and-bought-clip-paint-studio

Kimaris

• View Profile
Re: CPS keeps crashing!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
I've been having a problem with crashing (and am on a mac), as well.  It started with version 1.1.0.  The previous version (1.0.3) is very stable on my machine so I've reverted to using that.  When I run the activity monitor while using CPS, 1.1.0 will run fine for a while and then suddenly shoot up to over 100% CPU usage (from a 6-9% norm) and crash. 

Hopefully it's something they will recognize and fix but until then, I think we're stuck with the older versions.

digitoonie

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
I've been having a problem with crashing (and am on a mac), as well.  It started with version 1.1.0.  The previous version (1.0.3) is very stable on my machine so I've reverted to using that.  When I run the activity monitor while using CPS, 1.1.0 will run fine for a while and then suddenly shoot up to over 100% CPU usage (from a 6-9% norm) and crash. 

Hopefully it's something they will recognize and fix but until then, I think we're stuck with the older versions.

I'm on a mac as well...

The memory problems were fixed as of 1.1.1. I upgraded to that and I haven't had issues since. 1.10 was very unstable for me as well.

As for sleepy's problem, have you tried to do a fresh reinstall? It's weird that you're having these issues. Or try using 1.03 and see if that's a more stable version for you.

Kimaris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 11:20:41 PM »
The memory problems were fixed as of 1.1.1.
I've upgraded to 1.1.1 but am still having the same trouble (crashes, high CPU usage) albeit less often.  The spikes and crashes are especially bad when I'm installing brushes via the drag and drop method.

Kosal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 03:36:47 PM »
About the CPU usage, I noticed something odd and frustrating (on all the mac versions I tried, even the 1.1.1). If I work on CSP, with Google chrome running with some videos on the pages, it will create some delay when I draw (even if it's small videos just for Advertisement). The problem is the same with safari but less visible. But the most annoying is when I try to record the screen (with screenflow), there is so much delay that I just can't draw at all.... It's exactly as if I use SAI with the smoothing option to the maximum (and it's not, I checked !)... Maybe I should use something else than screenflow but I think CSP has difficulties while running at the same time as videos...

So I wonder if someone noticed the same thing or it's just my mac?.... ^^;;

trev

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »
hm, do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled on Flash/Youtube videos? it could be that CSP isn't playing well with having another application render using the graphics card..?
rightclick a video on Youtube > Settings... > Untick Enable Hardware Acceleration

CSP uses opengl to render the screen, so maybe you could try a different screen recording software and see if it's any better at catpuring?
also, depending on your graphics card, it might even be worth having a quick driver update :)

Kosal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »
I tried to untick the enable hardware acceleration but there is no change... I made a test to capture with ... Quicktime recorder.. I know, it has the bad reputation of using a lot of CPU. So, no surprise, it's the same as screenflow, a lot of delay! I will look for some strongers screen recording softwares...

For the driver update, I didn't find how to do it but I'm a new mac user so there's a lot of things I have to learn ^^;;

digitoonie

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
I tried to untick the enable hardware acceleration but there is no change... I made a test to capture with ... Quicktime recorder.. I know, it has the bad reputation of using a lot of CPU. So, no surprise, it's the same as screenflow, a lot of delay! I will look for some strongers screen recording softwares...

For the driver update, I didn't find how to do it but I'm a new mac user so there's a lot of things I have to learn ^^;;

If also depends what browser you're using. If you're using firefox you have to go into the preferences under the advance tab and turn off the acceleration there.