Author Topic: Any simple tutorial on how to download CLIP Studi Paint and try it out?  (Read 35729 times)

SBerryTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
I've been browsing the threads here and am interested in trying this out.  A trial period would be fine.  It's clear though, after visiting the clipstudio website and using google translator, that I don't have a clue.  My presumption is I have to install some sort of language info on Windows for Japanese even to get it installed?  I dunno.  Mostly, I'd like to try this out, and I need some help.  I thought that perhaps having a thread where this info could be laid out for new users would be helpful-- both to myself and other future users.  If anyone is nice enough to share a step by step process, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Coda

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
First register on Clip site.

Then, click this  for windows : http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/rental/rental_download/csrental/dl?f=lib/clipstudiopaint/csptrial/100/data/CSP_100w_app.zip this for MAC: http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/rental/rental_download/csrental/dl?f=lib/clipstudiopaint/csptrial/101/data/CSP_101m_app.dmg

Download and install trial, you may have to follow your intuition on pop ups there.

it actually has a tutorial on clip website.. lmao

Stakycake

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Hello SBerry,

First you have to create an acount on the site.

Go to the main page.
On the top right, you'll find a link for the new users.
Click on this link.

After clicking, a new page to create your acount will appear.

You have to fill it and register.
As I remember, you'll receive a message with a temporary password.
You have to use it to connect your acount and you will be able to change the pwd and some other things of your profile.

To connect, it's also on top right of the page

Hope you'll understand my english. ^^

If I made a mistake, please someone correct it, thank you  ;)
Sorry for my bad english.

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
You can use chrome to automaticly translate the website.. But the program may be a bit annoying to get through if you cant even get registered..

During the trial when it opens it will ask you, have like 2 long buttons.  One asks serial number and trial. Trial will ask for your account.

SBerryTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you stackycake, that is a very helpful post. I know it must seem insane to people who have it up and running, but getting registered on their website and installing Clip Studio Paint is less than straightforward.  I'll try this out and see how it goes. Thanks again. :)

Stakycake

• View Profile
you're welcome, I know it's not easy (seems we are a little bit crazy ^^)
Sorry for my bad english.

SBerryTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
Ok, so I now have registered.  Received my email confirmation with what I can only presume is my temporary code-- an 8 digit alpha-numeric code, right?  I've downloaded the program as well.  I run the installer, and up pops the window where they clearly want me to put in my code for having purchased the program.  As I'm testing it out, I don't have that.  There are, however, others bars I can push.   Attached is a pic of that window.

My presumption from the tutorial is that the top one of them is for my email address or user name, and second one is for the 8 digit trial code, which I assume came in my email.  Is this true?  I've tried a lot of combinations with no success.  What's particularly unclear is that there are also two buttons at the bottom of that pop up, and neither one is in the tutorial.  The left is highlighted.  I've tried that one as well as the right one.  Help is appreciated if anyone has the inclination.

As for the tutorial on the website, I remember stumbling on it the other day, but haven't been able to find it again.  Rather than just laughing your ass off, you actually provide a link or something so that I (and others) could better help themselves?
edit-- found the tutorial.  For those interested, first you go to http://www.clipstudio.net/. Google translator translates this pretty well, but if you don't have that set up, you can still find the button for "Win" on the right, mid way down the screen. Here's the link for that too--   http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/download/clipstudiopaint/csptrial/index_win.  Click it and it sends you to a relatively useful page, even if you don't have google translator, because it has pictures part way down that highlight which windows you can start clicking.  It helps, but I've still not gotten it to work, as my questions above point to.  But it might help others.

Finally, my presumption was that with the current translation available, I ought to be able to use the program atleast somewhat reasonably out of the gate.  Is version 1.02 making that a no go?  Or should what has already been translated and provided in the other thread still work on the new version?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:52:24 AM by SBerry »

SBerryTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
Hmmm, that attachment of the installer window pop up didn't go through.  Here it is again.  I've edited the post above, so my additional questions are in there.

Here's the pop up I get when i follow the tutorial.  I can't seem to get past this window.  >:(

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:06:30 AM by SBerry »

Coda

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Is version 1.02 making that a no go?  Or should what has already been translated and provided in the other thread still work on the new version?

I am afraid it's a 'no go' and it won't work on the new version.
You'll need the previous version, the one Trev has been working on, if you want it in Eng.

I can't seem to get past this window.  >:(

=> Your CLIP login and Password.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:20:14 AM by Coda »

SBerryTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
Hmmmm...  Well, I got it to install somehow.  Frankly, I'm totally unsure of what I did differently this time.  LOL.

I went to uninstall CSP, and it says I have version 1.0.0, so who knows?  I'll try to follow the instructions for installing the translation, and see how it goes.

I wish I could remember what I did differently on that pop this time, but since it was sort of by accident I'm unsure.  Perhaps I actually clicked on the desktop icon and ran it as an administrator that time.  That could have been it.  If someone was to ask for advice in the future, that would be what I would suggest. 

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
Does it work then?

trev

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
From your screenshot, I'm guessing you're on Windows Vista or 7?
If that's the case, then the CSP Ver.1.0.2 isn't available to you yet. It's only for Mac!
The Windows release will be public on June 27th.
The current translation files (ENG_0.2) should work fine with your trial!

Also, the normally highlighted button [次へ] means Next.
[キャンセル] means Cancel.

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
Update 1.0.1 is for mac only I believe i read on the website..?

Update 1.0.2 is for both? And it adds the features from the news report. :9

Eva_Lynn

• View Profile
    • Email
How do you download it permanantly?