Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1230807 times)

Otokonokotron

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation
« Reply #1035 on: September 07, 2013, 10:23:56 PM »
Of course you can, bind your wacom eraser to keystroke or modifier in wacom tablet preferences .
Then ,in CSP, go to File - Shortcut Keys- Tools,  find your particular eraser and assign a keystroke or modifier that you previously assigned to wacom eraser.  Done!
thank u very much, hadnt thought of that ^^

sigh, i think, after reading through everything here, that we are best of sticking the japanese version (that u guyz all keep translating anyways), as it will always be the most current and cared for by celsys. weird stuf happens and corners seem to get cut whenever they make a english version.

Kaoyux

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 08, 2013, 02:34:47 AM »
It's obvious that NONE who already bought the EX japanese version will pay $222 again to get the EX english version, so it's only up to Celsys guys... quite harsh from them in my opinion, since there are a lot of artists supporting them with their money since long time ago.

erinmoralde

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 09, 2013, 05:05:55 AM »
I have a different dilemma. I bought MSEX5 a couple months ago but had I known that there would have been an english version of CSP I would have saved my money. I like software that is constantly updated. Smith Micros history with MS4 updates really worries me about MS5. Now I'm wondering if I should save up my money again.

I know it is still early, but how much further along is CSP compared to its North American version?

Since Smith Micro and Celsys are business partners, and if Celsys has their own people providing an english translation for CSP, is there any reason why MS5 from now on can't have updates as frequent as CSP english?

BTW, I contacted Celsys to inquire if my MS5EX license is compatible with the upcoming CSP english software. They said NO. :(

digitoonie

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #1038 on: September 09, 2013, 08:37:33 PM »
Quote from: erinmoralde
I have a different dilemma. I bought MSEX5 a couple months ago but had I known that there would have been an english version of CSP I would have saved my money. I like software that is constantly updated. Smith Micros history with MS4 updates really worries me about MS5. Now I'm wondering if I should save up my money again.

I know it is still early, but how much further along is CSP compared to its North American version?

Since Smith Micro and Celsys are business partners, and if Celsys has their own people providing an english translation for CSP, is there any reason why MS5 from now on can't have updates as frequent as CSP english?

BTW, I contacted Celsys to inquire if my MS5EX license is compatible with the upcoming CSP english software. They said NO.
Smith Micro said the next update should be schedule for October. SM seems to clump updates together so you guys might be at least one version behind MS5 which isn't bad, per say? I wouldn't mind it being one update behind if Smith constantly updates and gives us word when the next one's due, but they tend to release it at random.

Otokonokotron

• View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 09, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
hey, is there a way export materials?  i have some textures that i made, and im trying to figure out if u can export them like u can tools/brushes.  also if brushes need a certain texture to work, wouldnt that mess them up if u imported it back in without the texture present in the materials?

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1040 on: September 10, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
Don't think there is material /enviroment export yet.
BU tI always backup my folders located in the user folders, those contain my materials and all other stuff.

surfaceproartist

• View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 10, 2013, 08:15:04 AM »
Just purchased the $50 version. Now I own three varieties. But whatever ends up happening, my upgrade path is secured.  :D

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1042 on: September 10, 2013, 09:12:04 AM »
Quote from: surfaceproartist
Just purchased the $50 version. Now I own three varieties. But whatever ends up happening, my upgrade path is secured. 
That's the true artistic spirit! :)

kissmiss

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 10, 2013, 10:15:42 AM »
Just purchased the $50 version. Now I own three varieties. But whatever ends up happening, my upgrade path is secured.  :D

Cool!
What CSP version is it, 1.2.7 or earlier?
Are there any changes compared to Manga Studio 5 ?
Does it have access to the CSP material market? :)

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1044 on: September 10, 2013, 12:04:17 PM »
Cool!
What CSP version is it, 1.2.7 or earlier?
Are there any changes compared to Manga Studio 5 ?
Does it have access to the CSP material market? :)
That's Clip Studio Paint 1.2.7. You can download it here
Windows
http://vd.clipstudio.net/clipcontent/en/lib/clipstudio/paint/data/127/CSP_127ENw_app.zip
Mac OSX
http://vd.clipstudio.net/clipcontent/en/lib/clipstudio/paint/data/127/CSP_127ENm_app.dmg

But just like Manga Studio 5, Clip Studio is not available.

In fact, Celsys needs to modify the way their programs work if they want to create a unique place to download the materials because for now, material folders hierarchy is 'hard coded' in XML files instead of using unique ID independent to any language...or they could create 3 different market places (Japanese, Chinese and English) which is not the best idea in my opinion. They could also create unique ID for default tags instead of the current system.

erinmoralde

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:10 PM »
Smith Micro said the next update should be schedule for October. SM seems to clump updates together so you guys might be at least one version behind MS5 which isn't bad, per say? I wouldn't mind it being one update behind if Smith constantly updates and gives us word when the next one's due, but they tend to release it at random.

But if we take Manga Studio 4 as an example, from what I've seen Smith Micro pretty much stopped updating that program while it's Japanese equivalent continued adding stuff. If this is what will happen with MS5 then I'd rather put my faith on Celsys instead.

Otokonokotron

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 10, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
haha this brings me back to my gaming days XD  Sega had an mmo called Phantasy Star Universe on the xbox 360, the english servers got stuff sometimes months after their debuts on the Japanese one.

yeah, i'd say it'd be best to stick with Celsys, and u guys here who have been translating it have been doing a wonderful job of it, and it's much nicer in my opinion to have you guys practically at an arms reach when it comes to questions and things ;p    >w<)b

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 12, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »
According to the english CSP facebook page:
"how come english and japanese CSP are two different products? This is not
how most software works, the software should just have multiple language
 options. Please stop screwing the consumer."

Response:
CLIP STUDIO PAINT "A multi-language option will e installed in the future.
We appreciate your patience for this inconvenience."

Maybe not the answers some wanted, but the answer they gave could be interpreted different ways.

Maybe they will add english options to the Japanese licenses and then all is solved
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:26:22 PM by Zulith »

dorkboycomics

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • dorkboy comics
« Reply #1048 on: September 13, 2013, 07:51:59 AM »
Quote from: Zulith
According to the english CSP facebook page:
"how come english and japanese CSP are two different products? This is not
how most software works, the software should just have multiple language
 options. Please stop screwing the consumer."

Response:
CLIP STUDIO PAINT "A multi-language option will e installed in the future.

Maybe not the answers some wanted, but the answer they gave could be interpreted different ways.

Maybe they will add english options to the Japanese licenses and then all is solved

i hope!! :D
"to err is human. To make a comic about it is divine." - damian
www.dorkboycomics.com

Kaoyux

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 17, 2013, 10:02:18 AM »
Quote from: Zulith
"A multi-language option will e installed in the future.
Those are such good news. Honestly I've always thought that it wasn't so difficult to add a multi-language files from the very begining.

I'm glad they realized about the fact that someone who spent >220 dollars in a program (the EX version) will not waste another 220 dollars to buy the SAME program engine again with the only difference of the language files.

I understand that a program could cost 220 dollars, but a few language files... DON'T cost that for sure!
They shouldn't be that harsh with the clients who support them with their money.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 10:04:44 AM by Kaoyux »