Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1314783 times)

Ishtifan

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Illust-Station
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation
« Reply #885 on: July 18, 2013, 11:09:28 PM »
Clip Studio Modeler is just released :
http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/mypage/newsdetail?publish=201307&f=2013071801,
and
http://www.clip-studio.com/clip_site/download/clipstudiomodeler/clipstudiomodeler_top
 is it possible to consider that it might have a translation soon through your forum members ? ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:12:08 PM by Ishtifan »
The Mirror of the Simple Souls
Pump,pump the jam, pump it up

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2013, 12:12:47 AM »
I would guess two updates late.
Perhaps check the features of CSP and compare to MS5,
it will lack some of functionality for sure.
Does it have customizable UI color sliders in preferences yet?
In fact Manga Studio 5.0.2 is an updated version of Clip Studio Paint 1.2.3 which is still the latest official stable release. By updated version, I mean this bug has been fixed in Manga Studio 5.0.2. Of course, you can forget about Clip Studio.
Now the next release is planned for September/October according to Smith Micro.
Wow, so MS5ex has been officially released and after browsing the comparison chart I am so disappointed. It barely has anything new from MS5 debut to justify the upgrade.

I'm tempted to pick up the Japanese ex version but browsing the site (which is in Japanese) scared me off.

Can someone provide instructions on how one can go to purchase CSP EX from the Japanese site? Or if someone already has posted instructions, is there a link available? Many thanks!
Do you realize that the difference between Pro and EX version is the same than with Clip Studio Paint?
You are complaining that Celsys is so fair they don't force you to buy the EX version if you don't care about comics creation.
You can have a look at the Clip Studio Paint Pro/EX comparison chart also but you will be equally disappointed

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2013, 01:08:58 AM »
CSP 1.2.6 RC is as stable as 5.0.2 and has this bug fixed as well. It's the same software.
Does that mean that MS 5.0.2 is latest non-stable release? 
Next iteration of CSP is August 7th (v1.2.7).

Cheers.

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 19, 2013, 01:19:07 AM »
To the people using the Release Candidate; sorry for the delay!  :-*
Here's a more complete translation for the RC. If there's any errors/weird sounding translations, lemme know etc.
It only works for CLIP STUDIO 1.2.6 RC!

Download the translation here:
CSP-1.2.6_RC_ENG-0.0b.rar

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #889 on: July 19, 2013, 01:36:55 AM »
CSP 1.2.6 RC is as stable as 5.0.2 and has this bug fixed as well. It's the same software.
Next iteration of CSP is August 7th (v1.2.7).
As I have said, Manga Studio 5.0.2 is an updated version of Clip Studio Paint 1.2.3. I have Clip Studio Paint 1.2.6 RC and the version 1.2.3 installed also, so I can compare directly.
Now, you seem to hate or simply dislike Manga Studio or Smith Micro (previous customer?), so I will not argue about that but I just try to inform those who would like to know. I think that is better than negative assumption or even worst, misinformation as I am not selling a product.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #890 on: July 19, 2013, 01:37:21 AM »
Great job Trev!
Only thing I found untranslated is symmetry ruler tool (number of axis, and "snap" options).

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #891 on: July 19, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
Quote from: hecartha
Quote from: Memag on Today at 01:08:58 AMCSP 1.2.6 RC is as stable as 5.0.2 and has this bug fixed as well. It's the same software.
Next iteration of CSP is August 7th (v1.2.7).As I have said, Manga Studio 5.0.2 is an updated version of Clip Studio Paint 1.2.3. I have Clip Studio Paint 1.2.6 RC and the version 1.2.3 installed also, so I can compare directly.
Now, you seem to hate or simply dislike Manga Studio or Smith Micro (previous customer?), so I will not argue about that but I just try to inform those who would like to know. I think that is better than negative assumption or even worst, misinformation as I am not selling a product.
I have no beef with MicroSmith, never been a customer. How they do business with Celsys is not of interest to me.
Sure 5.0.2 is update from 1.2.3 but current CSP available is 1.2.6  and will be updated very soon to 1.2.7.
CSP is and will always be starting point for every MS update.

Cheers.

trevTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 19, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »
Quote from: Memag
Great job Trev!
Only thing I found untranslated is symmetry ruler tool (number of axis, and "snap" options).
Thanks! And yea, that's in the E79C2AC5 language file... I'm saving that for a rainy day   ::)
There'll be another release before the Aug 7th so we should be good to go ASAP with 1.2.7!

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #893 on: July 19, 2013, 03:11:40 AM »
"Please, does anybody know what version of Clip-Studio Manga Studio 5 EX is? I 've seen yust today  a 5.02 update is out for Manga Studio 5 pro"

Current MS 5.0.2 is CSP 1.2.5 or 1.2.4.
CSP 1.2.6 contains bug fixes, touch interaction options, UI options, tone options, symmetry ruler etc,
none of which is found in official MS 5.0.2.

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #894 on: July 19, 2013, 04:19:00 AM »
I have no beef with MicroSmith, never been a customer. How they do business with Celsys is not of interest to me.
Sure 5.0.2 is update from 1.2.3 but current CSP available is 1.2.6  and will be updated very soon to 1.2.7.
CSP is and will always be starting point for every MS update.

Cheers.
I am aware about that as I am following Celsys since I have seen the power of their RETAS programs few years ago.

But Clip Studio Paint is in Japanese and the English translation even if it is very good leaves the whole material library with Japanese entries (folders & tags) which is far to be pleasant in my opinion and it makes more difficult the material organization.
And even if my operating system is in English now, i am using an English pack over the default language of my OS and....the "language for non unicode programs" is already using my native language so I can't choose the Japanese just like a native English user. My only solution is AppLocale which introduced in the past some visual bugs with my native language characters....SO, in such condition, I prefer a lot the easier path provided by Smith Micro even if I need to wait few months. Come on, just few months! I use to be a Painter user and we waited for years just for fixing bugs haha.

Now I would like to thanks all the people who helped to this translation as I love to see what is coming next, especially Trev of course :)

hecartha

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #895 on: July 19, 2013, 04:26:39 AM »
CSP 1.2.6 contains bug fixes, touch interaction options, UI options, tone options, symmetry ruler etc,
none of which is found in official MS 5.0.2.

If someone is interested, I have made this videos two days ago about few features of the version 1.2.6 which concerns touch UI and control and DPI adaptation...and the symmetry ruler

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 23, 2013, 08:27:42 PM »
So guys. what happened to the load materials ??

trevTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 24, 2013, 01:28:32 PM »
Quote from: ladyyoshiaru
So guys. what happened to the load materials ??
Hm not sure, what's the problem?

Quote from: Memag
Did a once over on the E79C2AC5 so it should be covered now!
Once again, this patch only works for CLIP STUDIO 1.2.6 RC!

Download the translation here:
CSP-1.2.6_RC_ENG-0.0c.rar

Otokonokotron

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
hey can someone tell me what i have to do to capture a [brush] texture?  i can see to get it to work

nvrmd, i finally figured out what i had to do.  i had to make sure that when converting the layer to gray, that ONLY the black square was highlighted. so it would read read the image black to transparent (And not black to white)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 11:55:26 PM by Otokonokotron »

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 26, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »
Quote from: trev
Hm not sure, what's the problem?

Install material is gone from file menu. ?