Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1795277 times)

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT Translation
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
yup, it auto mails me :)

SBerry

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
I have to say-- I am utterly blown away by how bad*ss you guys are.  It just amazes me that you've created a kind of script to translate this at a sort of root level.  !!!!  WOW!

I have a question about usage-- I checked in and tried this out last month.  I do digital painting, and felt it didn't offer much that Sai didn't already offer, atleast on that level.  Of course, it offers other things like good selection tools, good tools for 3D mockups, good tools for perspective work, etc.  So I understand it's no slouch. Still, I was sort of meh about it for my personal work flow.  HOWEVER, I've been hearing people talk about importing brushes and such from Illuststudio, etc., and now I've begun to wonder more....

So, what does this potentially offer on the painting side of things given the brushes you can use with it?  Does someone have any examples of brush work done with CPS or IllusStudio?  What kind of brushes can it use?  I've just not seen any work really done with these programs.  Does anyone have a link to galleries/blogs/etc that might show more work?  I just want to see how this is really getting (and might get)  _used_. 

Thanks!

Coda

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/217/0/d/caught_in_an_aeon_by_paperpixy-d59y4qd.jpg

I am a hardcore 100% IllustStudio user, to me it imitates traditional media nearly as well as Corel Painter, and I love it.
Watercolor brushes, pencil brushes, oils, pastels, papertextures... list goes on.
DevArt link is just below, here is a Tumblr http://paperpixy.tumblr.com/

Actually, if now Celsys could make that brush transition perfect, and I could keep my arsenal as it is, I'd switch to CSP instantly. (But i've already mentioned that way too many times xD)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:40:01 PM by Coda »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2012, 10:38:10 PM »
Awesome art Coda!
Here's some of my examples of IllustStudio brush work.
Not much of "natural" brushes, I love the software because it's responsive and blending works well for colors, rulers and smooth ink brushes.
Something I didn't find in Photoshop and Painter. In the end it's only a tool. I guess the workflow will vary but the art stays the same in any software.
Photoshop 64bit is a speed monster though (and I love SHIFT+right click brush blend modes), I imagine CSP is even better concerning speed of operation.
I got dissapointed with Painter years back, but this new version seems to solve some of the performance issues.

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/215089_6N3uTHWHGN5L67RnOXXbpugk3.jpg
http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/215089_vLu8PeueWXnTngi1cH3tamWmI.jpg
http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/215089_RC4Tz62qL_g71ibPHfb3jVqNs.jpg
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:44:59 PM by Memag »

whitetree

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2012, 10:44:30 PM »
metal as fuck
awesome work both you guys
been so busy lately, can't play with any of the fun toys

SBerry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2012, 02:10:13 AM »
I focus almost entirely on digital watercolors with pencil and/or pen and ink.  So, some of that work you guys posted was very interesting and convincing.  Are all of those images on the tumbler done is IllustStudio/CPS?  The other linked pics in the other post are also very good!  Does anyone else have any further examples of natural media work done in these programs?  This sort of stuff is almost never labeled by program, so it's exceptionally useful to understand the programs'' capabilities better.

I'm also not a fan of Painter, which I find bloated and bug-filled. Worst of all, I was not particularly pleased with its results. Sai does some textural stuff get well, particularly with its Fringe setting, brush engine, and it's layer textures.  Its also very fast, even with big brushes or canvases. Artrage also actually has some very good natural media emulation in its box too-- it just is rather slow at print size... Particularly its watercolor tools.

The idea of a program that could have the geometric tools of Sketchbook Pro, the speed and texture qualities of Sai, and some of the natural media elements of Artrage all in one is very enticing.   

Please share more convincing images! :)

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2012, 02:23:22 AM »
Two more "unnatural", IllustStudio.
I am afraid I have no "natural" skills as Coda does.
Love the textures, but for some reason forget to abuse them in brushes.
Watercolors are IMHO best in Painter and Artrage, most natural ones, but obviously slow.
Digital watercolors were nice in earlier Painter, don't know if it's faster now.

http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/215089_bn6vyBZmofUGqHgjcjDkytWtd.jpg
http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/215089_dxp7DzdCb32YLn8WoQKncQM1M.jpg

Coda

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2012, 03:30:31 AM »
Well... I ONLY use IllustStudio, so in case you were referring to my Tumblr, yes, everything is IS... 99% ,1%could be some SAI.

Bear in mind, it's only a tool, you can perfectly imitate traditional media in PS, but process will be different. All of my "traditional" brushes are custom, EVERY SINGLE one, carefully adjusted to my stroke and pressure, you won't find them in basic brush pack, nor CLIP. It is really up to you to work around and see what does the trick.

I can only advise this software, from my personal appreciation, for I find it perfect.
But in all honesty for 70$...
What are you hesitating about lol? 

And thanks guys, I am flattered! :3
One of the tricks is really: Stick to only 1 layer, pretend it is a sheet of paper and work as if with subtractive color.

SBerry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2012, 03:55:57 AM »
Well, I've been hesitating because it sounds like IllustStudio is being discontinued and CSP is being updated A LOT, and isn't fully translated. I also wasn't sure about compatibility of brushes- I've not seen any support material (like packets of brushes, etc) on blogs or sites like deviant art- those sorts of things that help a person feel like you can have a leg up exploring a new program in the beginning.   I mean, 70 bucks is 70 bucks!  No reason to burn it. !! Lol. :)

Your posts have been very helpful though. I'll explore more.

Coda

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2012, 05:15:33 AM »
IllustStudio = ClipStudioPaint

I got a CSP license  as an IllustStudio owner.

Xelloss

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2012, 05:27:45 AM »
https://www.clip-studio.com/quma/special/making_redjuice_001
There is redjuice's QUMARION×CLIP STUDIO PAINT “Making-of”.

https://www.clip-studio.com/quma/en/special/making_redjuice_001
It had a english translation too,but only in part one.

redjuice had share his brushes and textures.
http://vd.clip-studio.com/clipcontent/lib/products/qumarion/special/material/quma_redjuice_making_brush.zip

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2012, 07:36:28 AM »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/rallysfa/beachy_keen_by_digitoonie-d4s8cnr.png
All you guys with your great art and I'm all "durp, I draw cartoons." :B

Well, I've been hesitating because it sounds like IllustStudio is being discontinued and CSP is being updated A LOT, and isn't fully translated. I also wasn't sure about compatibility of brushes- I've not seen any support material (like packets of brushes, etc) on blogs or sites like deviant art- those sorts of things that help a person feel like you can have a leg up exploring a new program in the beginning.   I mean, 70 bucks is 70 bucks!  No reason to burn it. !! Lol. :)

Your posts have been very helpful though. I'll explore more.

After this year Illuststudio, and comicstudio/manga studio will be discontinued. They're constantly updating features in Clip Studio Paint that, previously, where just in illust/comicstudio. If you check Celsys' main site there are plenty of brushes made for these programs. I've even seen Japanese blogs that have shared sai brushes for CSP. The brush engine is pretty great. It actually reminds me of photoshop's as far as customizing goes, but with more options.  You can make some very nice texture brushes in it. I've barely touched manga studio since purchasing this. (In fact I may uninstall it since it's being glitchy in the mountain lion OS X anyway) Also it has document backup, which is superneat.

I keep forgetting that I paid only 70 for this software, I would have easily paid double for what options it has.
Plus it's hasn't crashed or giving me problems since I've bought it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:56:04 AM by digitoonie »

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
wow!! why are you all so amazing at art! Q.Q

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2012, 02:47:21 PM »
"Plus it's hasn't crashed or giving me problems since I've bought it."

This is absolutely true, extremely important (just take a look at Painter) yet somehow overlooked feature.
Stability is what most of graphic programs lack. And it can be very frustrating.

I recall finishing up this guy (DeadNiro none the less) in Photoshop, and bam!
Crashed and my file got corrupted, couldn't restore it anyhow.
At the time I was not to smart to have multiple versions and backups, as I trusted industry standard PS will not crash on me.
PS CS6 64bit is pretty amazing though. No joking.