Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1344823 times)

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation
« Reply #1665 on: August 05, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »
I always update the translation and never have issues with materials. But then,  I never overwrite stuff in my user folder, so the catalog and materials don't get messed up. I just overwrite folder in Program files and all materials work as before.

So, yes you can translate and update but be careful which files you are overwriting.
I take special care of this one.

[/url]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 01:58:17 PM by Memag »

EulerStalker

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • SerketStalker on deviantART
« Reply #1666 on: August 05, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
I always update the translation and never have issues with materials. But then,  I never overwrite stuff in my user folder, so the catalog and materials don't get messed up. I just overwrite folder in Program files and all materials work as before.

So, yes you can translate and update but be careful which files you are overwriting.
I take special care of this one.

ohhh I see... It means that with cirgo translation worked when I updated, but, when changed to neronero, the brush shape doesn't appeared.

I mean, catalog material are worked in cirgo translation only, right?

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1667 on: August 05, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »
I kept my materials and structure under the same names, never changed them, and they work with any translation.
I guess some strings are different (translated /named differently) and that creates wrong paths to your brush graphics.

My materials work in both translation.

You could try and "rebuild- material database/folders" from CLIP STUDIO.
There is a gear icon in the top-right corner, then go into maintenance menu and try rebuilding it.
Could work , I never tried it.

crigo

• View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 07, 2017, 02:24:25 AM »
ohhh I see... It means that with cirgo translation worked when I updated, but, when changed to neronero, the brush shape doesn't appeared.

I mean, catalog material are worked in cirgo translation only, right?

Hello,
it seems NeroNero never stopped translating, just did not publish its translations  until recently.
I own and use Clipstudio Paint for hobby and work, that's why I started translating it.
Differences from his translate and mine is this one. He translates graphics application for fun or for his network. I'm traslating only THIS suite of Celsys applications for work.
So, I translate only what is needed to use the application and nothing else.
IMHO There is no need to translate the database and the material because, after translation it can no longer be rebuilt or updated. I often need to download clips from Celsys and I use Celsys cloud to backup my works.
If you do not need to download materials from Celsys or you do not need to have the latest version of PAINT I suggest you buy the English version.

BTW I think you have damaged your material database.  I suggest you to read my old posts or read the .TXT file with the FAQs that I've included in my distribution.

Finally, consider that everyone can translate both materials and tools, just using Google Translate.

Good luck. :)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:39:01 AM by crigo »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1669 on: August 07, 2017, 02:59:05 AM »
I think we got it working, but Euler still didn't reply.
Euler sent me his materials , I could use them just by renaming a folder.
Both translations will work. It doesn't matter.

I also never overwrite anything other than program translation files.
Everything is working without issues.

crigo

• View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 07, 2017, 03:33:33 AM »
I think we got it working, but Euler still didn't reply.
Euler sent me his materials , I could use them just by renaming a folder.
Both translations will work. It doesn't matter.

I also never overwrite anything other than program translation files.
Everything is working without issues.

Me too.
Try to send him a private message. :)

EulerStalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 07, 2017, 07:17:35 AM »
Me too.
Try to send him a private message. :)

wait, I'm female , don't you know ^^;;;

EulerStalker was my username ^^

crigo

• View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 07, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »
wait, I'm female , don't you know ^^;;;

EulerStalker was my username ^^

My deep apologies      ;)

EulerStalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 23, 2017, 12:37:39 PM »
Ok, I try to clean install clip studio paint without my material, using cirgo's translation, but still it can't read my decoration brushes!

also it can't import .tos brushes too... what's wrong? are it's my computer's problems?

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1674 on: August 23, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
1.Did you copy your backup stuff to the CLIPStudioCommon folder (C:\Users\****\Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon)?

2.Did you try copying just the translation files (CLIP STUDIO folder from crigo)  to C:\Program Files\CELSYS\CLIP STUDIO 1.5\CLIP STUDIO PAINT\resource\other?

3. Did you try resetting your brushes to defaults, in the sub-tool property page?

4. Can you see your brush material in the materials browser window (butterfly,petal,other brush tips...)?

Your materials worked on my machine.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:07:12 PM by Memag »

EulerStalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 23, 2017, 05:26:47 PM »
1.Did you copy your backup stuff to the CLIPStudioCommon folder (C:\Users\****\Documents\CELSYS\CLIPStudioCommon)?

2.Did you try copying just the translation files (CLIP STUDIO folder from crigo)  to C:\Program Files\CELSYS\CLIP STUDIO 1.5\CLIP STUDIO PAINT\resource\other?

3. Did you try resetting your brushes to defaults, in the sub-tool property page?

4. Can you see your brush material in the materials browser window (butterfly,petal,other brush tips...)?

Your materials worked on my machine.

well, yes, for number 2.
and, no for number 1, it's from the software itself.

actually, before that thing, my os windows that i updated from windows 10 anniversary edition into creator update. i think it was affected. so my clip studio paint acted weird for materials, and it can't read .tos files.

also when i installed only japanese version (not using en translation), it still same.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #1676 on: August 23, 2017, 05:42:25 PM »
I assume you still have your materials in that rar/zip archive and all of your .tos tools?

1.I would remove the program, and remove all the folders that are left (including C:\Users\****\Documents\CELSYS and C:\Program Files\CELSYS).
2.Reinstall the latest Japanese version you have.
3.Copy your zip archive folders to C:\Users\****\Documents\CELSYS (overwrite the default folders if needed)
4.If you have "CLIPStudioPaintVer1_1_0" folder there, move all the files and folders inside to "CLIPStudioPaintVer1_5_0"
5.Copy just the "resource" folder from Crigo's translation files to C:\Program Files\CELSYS\CLIP STUDIO 1.5\CLIP STUDIO PAINT\resource\other , overwrite files if windows asks you to.
6.Open CSP and check if your materials are there.
7.Copy/import your .tos tools from the subtool menu to your subtool panel.

I think this should work. I got it working on my machine. You just had one folder which was probably left from old installation which was causing the trouble. Try these steps, and let us know if it works.

crigo

• View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 23, 2017, 10:07:53 PM »
Hello,
my distro does not contains brushes translations. All this stuff is in user area only. Brushes remain untouched.
So, if you have custom brushes they should remain intact (and untranslated).
The user area (c:\users\%UserName%\) is not affected by my translation. It was my choice from the beginning.

:)

Kaoyux

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 25, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »
Hi, first of all, sorry for asking this question on this thread but not so many people visit the "Clip Studio Modeler" thread so I'm wondering if someone with 3D modelling knowledge around here knows how to answer this question:

I'm a newie at modeling and used Autodesk Maya to create a 3D desktop. I rigged all the drawers, keyboard tray and door to limit their movements from Maya successfully, but when I open the 3D model from Clip Studio Paint, all the moving parts move freely (door, tray and drawers) -__- so I can't submit this model on Clip Studio website yet.
Do I need to buy the Clip Studio Modeler license to sort this problem out or isn't it necessary? I've also seen on clip-studio website that some modellers use Lightwave. I have that program in my PC but I don't know how to rig these objects from that program yet.

(in the image below I moved 4 moving objects on purpose from CSP so you can see that rigged limits were not preserved with CSP. On the other hand movement limits for these moving objects were preserved in Autodesk Maya properly)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 08:52:17 PM by Kaoyux »

EulerStalker

• View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 27, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
Ok. I try to figure it out of this.

I installed clean english version of CSP, and I imported some brushes, it worked.

but, when I install my brushes that i got from my old backup (that I backup from mixed CSP english translation cirgo and neronero), some brushes doesn't work when I installed after this.

i think it's conflicted so brush tip material doesn't read at all.

here's my brushes if you want to try:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2zImeYCcK0GX01qNG1DT3VMQTg

after you installed my brushes, try import other brushes that you got from your computer.
also, try .tos material too.

comment here if you see it doesn't work.