Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1665988 times)

Zulith

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation
« Reply #750 on: April 12, 2013, 03:49:56 AM »
very cool of you DNHills. I will be keeping an eye out for your book. you should make a thread here when you are ready to show it off. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

digitoonie

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #751 on: April 12, 2013, 03:59:19 AM »
Quote from: DNHills
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and say thank you all *very* much for making this translation of CLIP Studio EX.

I'm in the process of writing a new guide book for Manga Studio 5 and 5 EX users (which I'm hoping to finish by this fall). Since MS5EX isn't going to be released until the summer, I got a copy of CLIP Studio to look at, and your translation package is going to help me out a great deal in getting things started on the book.

Again, thank you all very much for providing this. It's greatly appreciated.
Hey Doug! I'm a huge fan of your work!
It's super awesome you're putting together a new guide for MS5/Clip it'll be super helpful! :)

DNHills

• Artist/Writer/Other
    • View Profile
    • About.me
    • Email
« Reply #752 on: April 12, 2013, 04:58:15 AM »
I probably should do a proper introduction. :)

My name is Doug Hills. In addition to the Manga Studio For Dummies book, I'm also the artist and co-creator of a few webcomics I worked on in the early 2000s: Place Name Here and Chibi Cheerleaders From Outer Space. I'm planning on coming back to Chibi Cheerleaders (as my wife and I really enjoyed working on it), but in the meantime, I'm working on a couple of comic projects with Josh Flanagan (from iFanboy.com), and I have a few other independent comic projects in the pipeline. But right now, the focus is on the new guide book.

As I progress with the book, I'll certainly start a thread here. It's my hope that since the only (apparent) difference between Manga Studio and CLIP studio seems to be translation, that the book will be helpful to both camps.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 04:59:54 AM by DNHills »

Kaoyux

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 12, 2013, 06:37:32 AM »
Thank you very much for being so awesome, Dough! I was one who collaborated on the translation of EX menus and etc stuff, so I can assure that your time and efforts with your projects will be really appreciated here too! I'm so excited about it.
Thank you again for sharing it with us.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:47:09 AM by Kaoyux »

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:27 AM »
Thank you for sharing Dough, its massively appreciated! :D MS5/CLIP can get very complex quickly, a guide book would be so helpful, especially for all the tips and tricks available in the program. And if you ever need artwork or examples showcasing specific features etc. just say!

I'm curious about the book layout process, which application do you use?
Since you're self-publishing, will you be releasing a digital version too? Or will it be strictly physical?

DNHills

• Artist/Writer/Other
    • View Profile
    • About.me
    • Email
« Reply #755 on: April 12, 2013, 06:27:13 PM »
I'm actually going in reverse: I'm going to release it as an e-book first, and then gauge interest in a print book.
As far as book layout, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm just using a basic text editor to write the content down first. Once that's done, then I'll go and find a good program I'll use for laying it out.

I'm toying around with an iBooks version (in addition to a basic eBook) that can include things like video clips and what not. But again, I gotta write down the content first. :)

(Man, your smileys are big here. :D)

trevTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 12, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »
Video clips would be cool! It would be like a training dvd... but in a handy manual :D And yeh, the smilies are massive!

Also, I've finished (rough draft!) the first half of the updated translation for 1.2.3 here. This is really only for anyone who is desperate to try out the new version.
I'll work on the second half (dialogs/tool tips/brush properties etc) tomorrow.
Hopefully by the end of the weekend there'll be a complete archive with the plugins/.exes and new translations.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #757 on: April 12, 2013, 11:20:10 PM »
Trev don't you have some macro, automatic translation workflow?
If you would just auto translate the parts from previous version ,so I have the base file, I can fill in the new stuff.
Let me know.

trevTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 12, 2013, 11:47:21 PM »
Almost. The main problem is multiple meaning words. For example, 'なし' can mean 'No', 'None', 'Without', 'Back' in English.
The script can't just translate all instances of 'なし' to 'No' as it overwrite/ruin the translations that use any of the other terms.
So it needs to run through the list of strings chronologically. And there in lies the problem - with each update, I need to find and sort out which strings are new and where to place them in the strings list. If they're not in the right order, the script will skip to the next available translation it finds - which usually means skipping out most of the file!

If CELSYS added the new strings right at the bottom of the file it would be fine, but they're embedded around the other translations.
So the strings list by itself is useless for the auto macro. It needs to be 100% in the correct order for the script to work its way down the list.

I'll send you the 1.2.0 list though!

nobby

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 14, 2013, 02:13:08 PM »
hi
...is threre new translations for updated clip studio 123, and coordinate and action ?
coz. previous translation not work for new version ,-)

Zulith

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 15, 2013, 01:04:35 AM »
nobby: trev and his happy helpers such as Memag are working on it. They are discussing it just above your post.

nobby

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 15, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »
...yeah next time i will read the posts, try to use transaltion with new version, and it crashe...
thank trev and all working on it , really really great... :-)

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #762 on: April 15, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »
It usually takes around a week or so to translate it. So best bet is to not update until a new translation.

Maybe it's best we have a FAQ about translations and update rates?

trevTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 15, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
gahhd. ur all so impatienz D:

Sorry, had some pc/motherboard issues on Friday so its delayed me a bit. Here's the first Draft for 1.2.3

It needs tidying up, and more stuff translating. Then I'll add all the plugins etc into the package and update the main post!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:52:01 PM by trev »

nobby

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 16, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
...thanks very much, your work is really great, coz without translation, is useless for non japanese :-)