Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1745080 times)

lovelyjovely

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT Translation
« Reply #465 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:02 AM »
Sorry to bother, but I'm having a problem with my Clip Studio Paint Application. Today, my computer was getting a bit slow so I decided to restart it. I manually closed all my applications, including my Clip Paint Lab app. I restarted my computer, but when I tried to open it again, a notification window popped saying if I wanted to "restore windows". It said that the application unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows and then asked me if I wanted to restore them. It didn't matter if I clicked yes or no, Clip Paint Lab would open for only a few seconds, the top half of the program cut off by the top of my computer screen, and then would close - there would be a small window saying that the application has closed unexpectedly.

I tried restarting my computer, and I tried both updating and re-downloading Clip Paint Lab. Nothing has worked.

I'm not sure what I should do; could anyone tell me what they think is wrong or what I should do?

Thanks in advance. :)

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #466 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
Perhaps your system is not doing well, also check your hardware, I had similar issues when memory stick was dying.
If you already re installed CSP, maybe you could try to wipe it clean ,meaning deleting all the traces of CSP in your system.
That's of top of my head right now, never encountered problems with start up except when copying translation files to wrong directory.

lovelyjovely

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:36 AM »
Thank you for the advice :)
I found that one of the psd files I had been working on, one that I had closed at the time when I restarted my computer, had somehow been broken up into about 8 or 9 multiple psd files. I put those in the trash, and tried to open the application again. It opened, but it didn't have any tools or palettes present. Just the canvas.

I have been re-downloading it for the past hour, and after I made sure I got rid of all Celsys and Clip paint lab folders and files like you said, its slowly starting to work again. It takes a pretty long time to load though if it isn't not responding. Just anxious that it'll quit on me or something like that again :/

Again thank you for your help!

xearsol

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #468 on: December 13, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
does the translation work on v1.1.1?

Kaoyux

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 14, 2012, 04:11:32 PM »
Good News!:

I read in the 2012/12/13 update that Clip Studio Paint EX will be officially released on December 20th 2012.

Regular price: ¥ 22 000 *
Preferential price: ¥ 17,000 (upgrade) * → For those members who already purchased Clip Studio Paint PRO, Illust Studio or Comic Studio DEBUT 4.0 they can upgrade to Clip Studio Paint EX (Comic Studio PRO/EX 4.0 users can upgrade for free).

* This price is applied to the downloadable version ONLY! NO physical/box version is available if you don't live in Japan. Celsys doesn't ship abroad as you can read in their Store Guide

How to UPGRADE:

- If you already purchased Clip Studio Paint PRO
- If you already purchased Illust Studio
- If you already purchased Comic Studio DEBUT/PRO/EX
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:06:58 AM by Ireal »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #470 on: December 15, 2012, 04:58:18 PM »
Yay! Dark UI.

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #471 on: December 16, 2012, 12:53:01 AM »
Well smith mirco license or not, if they import the Qumarion, I may have to throw some cash.

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #472 on: December 16, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »
My only concern are the updates, and how soon will they release those.

serial

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 16, 2012, 05:07:50 AM »
Now I'm torn between the two versions. Smith Micro will probably take forever to update their versions and may have incompatibilities with materials/brushes from the Celsys version, but the fan translation of the Celsys version may eventually stop in the future and eventually get stuck in that one version forever outdated

I wish they'd just do their own official release like the sole developer of Sai

Kaoyux

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 16, 2012, 09:55:44 AM »
I was lately talking on deviantART to a girl by private note about how to get a Tabe-Mate Controller, since Celsys doesn't ship their products abroad.

Ok, I finally was able to get a Tabe-Mate Controller thanks to a link she passed me and in that private note she also talked to me about how disappointed she was with Celsys' anti-foreigners policies for the following reason: In Celsys' policies you can read about the new revisions here and here and, among other things that I couldn't understand in those texts, it says that you are NOT allowed to use their materials (brushes, screentones, 3D objects, etc) if you are living out Japan. It also means that if you are japanese but you moved to France to work for example, you are not allowed to use their materials either. On the other hand, if you aren't japanese but you move to Japan, you are allowed to use their materials and even export your creations out Japan.

This person asked Celsys by mail why they have such policies (because she makes mangas, works for an editorial and uses Celsys' programs to draw). Celsys replied this: "it's just a privilege for people who live in Japan only".

She also told me she joined Celsys website long time ago and a couple of years ago or so Celsys BANNED foreign IPs, so ONLY people who were living in Japan were able to enter Celsys website.

Does it mean that we are paying for a program/materials that we are not legally allowed to use? Could Celsys really sue us if they want to and win the trial? or can you really use them without any problem if our own countries have different laws and don't forbid the use of these materials? I mean, if they don't want foreing people using their resources and programs, why are we allowed to access, buy, and pay them from our foreign IPs? Why did they regret and allow foreing IPs again 2 years ago? If they sue some foreigner one day, will they give this foreigner back all the money he/she spent on Celsys at least? Because if Celsys website is GLADLY allowing a GLOBAL purchasing system for materials, that means they are 'accepting' other countries' laws regarding computing and internet use.

Please if someone could explain me this better I would be so glad, because I find so many contradictions and now I feel so confused and like I got scammed since I've spent in their programs and materials a lot of money. I wonder if people who download/bought some materials and even created, submited and shared their own materials on Celsys feel the same.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:49:01 AM by Ireal »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
I really like this software,especially the brush engine, but if for any reason Celsys doesn't want to make money , abroad, that's their problem.
There are always alternatives, it's tool after all. However, I will continue to update and use their software, I guess they don't mind when it's being activated outside of Japan.
Maybe your friend misunderstood something. Japanese tended to change names and brands for their exports, so maybe I will look into MS5 after all.
If the need arises. I don't use materials but I guess people can use them in MS5.

Kaoyux

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 17, 2012, 05:11:51 AM »
Mmm I don't know, I don't think she is confused, she just linked me those Celsys' policies and updates I linked in my previous comment (here and here) where you can clearly read that foreigners are not allowed to use Celsys materials (it includes brushes and screentones for mangas, I use them a lot!). No matter if you buy Manga Studio 5, you always can import Celsys' materials from Smith Micro's Manga Studio 5 version, yes, but the thing is that you are not suppodsely allowed to use those Celsys' materials for your art legally according to their policies anyway (if I'm not wrong...).

But if Celsys doesn't want people who don't live in Japan using their materials, why do they have a global programs/materials purchasing system to foreign IPs? I mean, we are not suppodsely allowed to use their materials if we live out Japan but Celsys gladly accepts our money when we buy them? Where is the point of accepting money for giving no rights to people with foreign IPs?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:15:23 AM by Ireal »

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #477 on: December 17, 2012, 05:31:03 AM »
I don't use materials anyways. I make my own stuff.
And even if I did use their materials, how on the earth will they know unless they ban foreign IP's?
A bit strange, if you ask me. I already uploaded bunch of patterns and brushes here on the forum, fell free to use them as you please.

Kaoyux

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 17, 2012, 07:55:11 AM »
Yes, let's see, I will ALWAYS use the materials I buy for sure, since I paid for them, that's so clear to me, no matter what their policies say. Furthermore, I so doubt that the great majority of foreign countries' law (at least my country's law) forbid me to use Celsys' materials if I paid for them, if one day Celsys sued me for example (I guess it will never happen because it's not so probable XD), they would likely lose that hypothetical trial (mostly if they never considered giving foreigners back all the money they spent on their materials I guess)

I also understand if you don't use their materials, but I know about people who use them or need them.

And of course it would be really difficult for them to realize if someone used some of their materials or not, it really is, but honestly, it's not nice to me to know that their current policies say that I have no right to use the materials I buy anyway.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:57:22 PM by Ireal »

xearsol

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #479 on: December 19, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »
will cspex have english translation too?