Author Topic: CLIP STUDIO PAINT English Translation  (Read 1384540 times)

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: CLIP STUDIO PAINT Translation
« Reply #390 on: October 19, 2012, 01:45:30 AM »
Sounds interesting, imma check it out!

Also, because CSP doesn't provide an easy Lasso tool natively, you have to build it yourself.

Hm it should do? The default one is listed in the Selection Sub-Tools:

Galemod

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 19, 2012, 03:02:26 AM »
Wow.  Not on my copy.  It didn't even have a lasso in the tool bar; I had to put it there myself.  I also had to build my own polygonal selection tool.

Maybe it was in an update or something.  I haven't downloaded all the various materials from Celsys yet; just got carried away with the main program.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 03:14:03 AM by Galemod »

DanielNagy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: October 19, 2012, 04:50:47 PM »
Hey Trev!
Whre are you in the translation process? There´s one major black spot where I figured out ONE item, and that´s the Blur tool in the Filter menu. Would be great to have the Filter menu translated ;-) ;-)

Tested a translation app where you take a photo and let it search a database. That sucked!

trevTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
hiya danielnagy, the program is about 67% translated (most of what's left is 3D related, materials, tool tips and some of the newer tools/features).
the Filter menu doesn't take it's text strings from the regular language files - they're stored in some of the other files instead.
if they were to be translated then they wouldn't work on mac.. so it's a low priority translation at the moment and it would just confuse the installation process :)

Memag

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:30 PM »
Hey Trev!
Whre are you in the translation process? There´s one major black spot where I figured out ONE item, and that´s the Blur tool in the Filter menu. Would be great to have the Filter menu translated ;-) ;-)

Tested a translation app where you take a photo and let it search a database. That sucked!

These work in v1.0.3. Perhaps you can try them in new version.
First menu item is Blur( blur,more blur,gaussian blur,smoothing), second is Perlin Noise, third is Mosaic effect.

http://sai.detstwo.com/smf/index.php?topic=2036.0

m_pisciotta

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 20, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
Hello guys!

I just registered because I want to thank you so much for the translation! I tried Clip Studio Paint on my white macbook and fell in love, gonna buy it in the next days, thank to your translation! Finally an alternative to SAI for us on apple computers :)))

I cannot do much but if you need something translated from japanese maybe I can help :) (but I'm sure you all know how to translatewhat you need! eheh)

cheers from Italy,

Matteo

Brittnylawrnce

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2012, 02:29:54 PM »
Your tips worked for me and I successfully translated the stuff. I am using trial version of this software and it offers a lots of useful features. I would love to buy it.

ladyyoshiaru

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2012, 06:34:27 AM »
Any progress on the latest version of clip Translation?

Wamped

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
After a lot of thinking and re-considering, I decided to become a member here and say at least thank you for tutorials and translation, guys!
I love you all, seriously TTwTT ;D

I'm currently testing out the trail for CLIP STUDIO and I love it <3 I will buy the serial key soon!

Though, I have a question. I uh, this might be stupid, but I wanted to double check...

Does anyone know if I can use the serial key more then once? I have a standard iMac, but also a Macbook Pro and I sometimes travel. I was wondering, can I download the program and use it on the Macbook laptop as well and use the serial once again? At the same time?

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but I know you can do that to some programs.
Always keep trying and never give up!

dorkboycomics

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • dorkboy comics
« Reply #399 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:53 AM »
The license allows installation on two machines.
"to err is human. To make a comic about it is divine." - damian
www.dorkboycomics.com

jooz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »
Perfect software

How can we make Celsys clearly understand that we want an English version of this software?

i've tried many and many drawing software, but this one is the most perfect.

Yeah

AND one more thanks for thus who's making dthis rough translation

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
Smith Micro is planning to overhaul the MS studio website by the end of the year.

So we never know. :Y

Memag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
Write to them.
The more inquiries , the more chances they will listen and do something about it.

digitoonie

• View Profile
    • deviantart
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »
I've contacted them a few times about it. They usually just say we can't say much now.

Also Clip Studio Paint EX will be released soon. I'm actually satisfied with pro enough not to purchase. It's got pretty much all I need.

Galemod

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2012, 09:20:31 PM »
Having used CSP for a couple of weeks now, I have a few things I'd like to see done differently.

It's a very nice piece of software, but it's file handling isn't as strong as Photoshop's.

1. CSP does not allow you to save or load .tif files with layers.  (It automatically merges all layers incoming and outgoing).

2. CSP doesn't allow the use of file compression (such as LZW compression) when using .tif or .psd files.  This results in huge, unwieldy files; 60Mb rather than 12 Mb for my projects, for instance.

3. Only the native file format, (.lip) allows for efficient file saving, (using both compression AND layers).  Being unable to use generic formats is VERY annoying.

It is safe to say that NO print agency in the West will know what to do with a .lip file, (the native CSP format), and this means Photoshop or other software is still necessary to prepare files for press.  Similarly, putting files together in book layout software like InDesign requires generic or other Adobe formats, and CSP has been, it seems, deliberately designed in such a way which makes this unnecessarily difficult.

I have found these limitations to actually be annoying enough that my use of CSP has fallen off and I'm returning to other, less graphically capable software which is nonetheless better at file handling.  The tool which is annoying to use doesn't get used.

CSP would definitely be improved if it allowed for the user to create generic file formats (without handicaps).

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:40:41 PM by Galemod »