Author Topic: SAI Eng Pack minus translation  (Read 4972 times)

ashiyaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SAI Eng Pack minus translation
« on: March 24, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
Er, I get that the main thing about the English Pack is the english translation, I think, but is there a way for me to install only the brushes from this pack? I'd like to mess around with new stuff, but not sure if I want to get rid of the official translation, or if that can be reversed if I decide I prefer the official.

restorer

• Administrator
  • We are from osaka ^_^
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Zame software development
    • Email
Re: SAI Eng Pack minus translation
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
Er, I get that the main thing about the English Pack is the english translation, I think, but is there a way for me to install only the brushes from this pack? I'd like to mess around with new stuff, but not sure if I want to get rid of the official translation, or if that can be reversed if I decide I prefer the official.
That's easy - translation is in language.conf file.
Just copy language.conf from official pack to english pack.

ashiyaTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
Thanks! Okay, but I'm being an idiot about installing the pack, but I'm confused, I apologize. If I download the recommended version, it's an executable file, which... creates another installation of SAI? (called Eglish Pack?) Is that it? Cause it made another folder with another SAI in my pc. So how do I install it when I already have full SAI? Should I just get the second download on the site (the zip file) and copy the folders I need? And if yes, which folders do I need for the brushes and translation? I mean I don't want to have 2 different SAI installations, I just want to add the brushes to the installation I already have, and maybe the language file (I want to see how I like the translation).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:10:41 PM by ashiya »

restorer

• Administrator
  • We are from osaka ^_^
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Zame software development
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:31:45 PM »
Thanks! Okay, but I'm being an idiot about installing the pack, but I'm confused, I apologize. If I download the recommended version, it's an executable file, which... creates another installation of SAI? (called Eglish Pack?) Is that it?

Yes, it created new installation of SAI. You should download this version if you don't have SAI already.
In your case you should download PaintTool SAI English Pack 1.1.0 (1.32 mb)

It is .zip archive, just copy all files from archive to your SAI installation *except* language.conf!
To use new brushes you should start *not* sai.exe, but start-sai.exe

ashiyaTopic starter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 04:10:26 AM »
Thank you so much restorer!