Author Topic: Sai rendering issue  (Read 3883 times)

saberklawwTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sai rendering issue
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:20 PM »
Today I started working on a picture and changed the resolution and now for some reason most of the colors, especially the darker ones, have a compressed look to it [like a .jpeg file] even when opening older files untouched in months.
When exporting as a .png file it still retains the compressed look on the images affected.
I have sent images to a friend who also have sai and they appear fine to them so I am unsure what is going on.
I have not changed any of the canvas or pen texture options and when using any of the tools they all have the same look, as if there are small dots or squares inside of the coloration. It has this affect for any color except pure black and is especially noticeable in the darker greys. 

Another note to add, the color wheel also has this compressed look to it as well as images at any zoom level, even files that have not been made in sai at all.

This is an example of the affect that appears on sai.

I am very confused and my friend and I have no idea what could be causing this.
Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:06:57 PM by saberklaww »

lozeta

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sai rendering issue
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »
sorry if my idea seems trivial, but maybe your screen is not set to full-color (24 or 32 bits)? Are you using SAI inside a virtual machine like VirtualPC?