Author Topic: Sai memory problems after barely drawing? PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4223 times)

pijttTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Sai memory problems after barely drawing? PLEASE HELP!
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »
So heres my situation:
I was drawing a pic and got the sketch done and was drawing the lineart, i had a larger canvas of 6000x4000 that is bigger than the recommend size but that never hindered me before. So i accidentally hit the button to the left of the merge down button and sai froze. (before i should mention i use sai on parallels b/c i have a mac, worked fine until now) and i had to shut my comp because everything froze. So i turned it back on but then it froze again having very little open before i had opened sai. I finally was able to get sai open when the file i had been working on was missing all the sketched part below the cropped spot (i had sketched on paper and fixed the sketch on photoshop) i tried opening an old sketch that had the full sketch on but it wouldn't open (a photoshop file, yet i have always been able to open before) so i had to resketch it after many option that didn't work. now when i try to merge 2 lays together it said it was out of memory yet i had never had this problem with this size before. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

i hope that made sense, im not able to continue this pic because of it,

I tried uninstalling and reinstall but now it wont open anything
When i restart some files work and some don't, then i restart and the ones that worked didn't yet new ones did. i can even open a new pic sometimes.
Also it says 600mb out of 2000 are being used yet it says 95%

prototype

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Sai memory problems after barely drawing? PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 06:22:03 PM »
Try starting SAI, choose Others menu > Options command, then increase the Maximum Canvas Size to a really big value (bigger than the images you want to open). Close and restart SAI and see if the images open.