Author Topic: I don't know what to get. PLZ HELP!  (Read 4078 times)

RunahiroshiTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I don't know what to get. PLZ HELP!
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:02:18 AM »
I am a girl in Highschool and I love anime. I am currently thinking of buying the bamboo tablet and am doing research on it. As my searches go it seems that it comes with photoshop, though when i look up people on youtube that use anime software it seems they lean more towards Sai. Can anyone please help me on what software you recommend and preferences and tips. Thank YOU so much. BTW I have a apple MacPro if that means anything.

restorer

• Administrator
  • We are from osaka ^_^
  • YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Zame software development
    • Email
Re: I don't know what to get. PLZ HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »
BTW I have a apple MacPro if that means anything.
Yeah. SAI didn't work on mac. Sorry :(

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I don't know what to get. PLZ HELP!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 06:45:20 AM »
As Restorer says, SAI doesn't work on a Mac (without buying a copy of Windows 7 and making a boot camp partition for running PC stuff on ... but that may be more effort than you want to put into this. I personally run SAI in a copy of windows running on my Mac using VMware Fusion).

If you are just experimenting with doing anime-style artwork, you might want to consider a 'near photoshop' program like pixelmator (very VERY similar to Photoshop but much cheaper ... and if you decide that you like doing this kind of work, you could switch to Photoshop and still feel at home). 

Other than Photoshop, Pixelmator, or Corel Painter, there isn't a lot of options for the Mac in this area. :-[
Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee