Author Topic: I just bought Paint Tool Sai and I am missing some tools?  (Read 47737 times)

beyzaTopic starter

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
I just bought Paint Tool Sai and I am missing some tools?
« on: August 20, 2011, 11:33:18 PM »
Just as the title says. I believe I'm missing some tools.  :'( When I watch people use the program on youtube and such I see that they have more tools. I don't have pen and ink pen. Is this normal? I have Sai Ver. 1. Is it due to the version? If so, I cant find any other versions. Also when I change the min size, the strokes don't change and the stabilizer doesn't seem to be doing anything even at max. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Robellyn

• YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I just bought Paint Tool Sai and I am missing some tools?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »
Bought from where? Or do you mean SAI 1.1?
Try downloading the version from http://sai.detstwo.com, install it, and see if IT is missing the same tools. (It's a tiny file so it won't take long even on dialup!).

Fear not, for Fear shall not save thee

beyzaTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:00:02 PM »
I downloaded from http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
I just tried what you said, same problem.

Robellyn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 07:25:38 PM »
Very strange.

Can you post a picture of what DOES show up when you open SAI?
Also, where you installed it and what operating system and tablet you are using.

beyzaTopic starter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 08:00:58 AM »
I have the pen tool in the linework layer but not in the normal layer. This screen shot shows all the tools I have.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/beyza77/ssssssss.png

Robellyn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 06:53:11 PM »
You had me worried there for a minute!  You have a good starter set of tools there.

The thing to remember is that, really, there are only 10 tools in SAI (not including the line-work layer tools)... the Pencil, Airbrush, Brush, Watercolour, Marker, Eraser, SelBrush, SelEraser, Bucker, and Binary Pen.   All other tools are just customizations of this one.

What is often listed as a PEN tool is really just a Pencil tool with a little tweaking.

To get a 'default pen tool', right click on a blank tool slot, select pencil, and then tweak the settings to get the kind of pen you want. When you're done, right click on your new Pencil tool, select OPTIONS, and then rename it 'PEN'.

Myself, I have two pages of tools, but I deleted all the originals and made sure my tool selection was only the variants that worked for me.

Now, if you need SETTINGS for various tools, just post what you are looking for (not everybodys pen tool is the same!) and I'm sure me or these other good folks can help you out.